IPhone is it worth it?

I just got hired from Target which will be my first official job. I get paid 8.25 an hour and will work 40 hours per week for my first month. I'm figuring I'll have AT LEAST around 700 my first month to buy my first phone. Now I've been touching other peoples iPhones and I really like what im seeing. Sorry to ask such obvious questions but I really want to be cautious about my very first phone and hopefully you guys can help out.

The question is, which carrier is better?

At&T? Verizon? Sprint?

I heard you have to deposit an amount of money in order to activate a line. How much is that? How much is the phone itself?

Also, do you guys think 700 will be enough money to deposit for a line AND buy the phone within the month?

Thanks !

Favorite Answer

1

• ?

Why not talk to your friends with the phones and ask them those questions? Especially as far as carrier -- we don't know how reception is in your area, and they do.

Also, ask yourself why you want an iPhone. Do you plan on spending a lot of time on the internet, or do you just like playing Angry Birds and want to make a few phone calls? Because an iPod Touch does just about everything else an iPhone does, and with no monthly fee.

700 should be more than enough to get started, especially if you commit for a few years. Also, pop by the Verizon store and take a look at the Android phones out there. They've come a very long way and may be exactly what you need at a more affordable price. It doesn't hurt to look and see other options.

I would steer you away from the iphones

4s because it has battery drainage problems:

http://www.techieinsider.com/news/13863/battery-dr...

Even Steve Wozniak, co-founder of apple says the same thing and that siri is glitchy:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-205_162-57360045/apple...

And this is an Apple Legend saying this so you know it has to be bad.

the 4 drops calls and is not recommended by Consumer Reports:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/200924/consumer_rep...

Furthermore, with iphone you do not get Adobe Flash which is required to properly view videos on many websites, it is a huge complaint among iphone owners. Plus you cannot expand memory with iphone if you run out of space but with android you just add a card up to 32gb and you're good to go.

You get more free apps with android, for example angry birds is free with android whereas you have to buy it with apple, or use their "free" version which has a big ad blocking part of the screen getting in the way of gameplay.

Android phones are usually superior in technical specs, faster and more customizable. It is the smarter choice, that is why it leads the global market in smartphones today despite apple selling their iphones cheap or free.

And despite the Woz saying iphones are easier to use, ANYONE can use android, he had to say SOMETHING nice about apple lol.

Better go with one of the samsung galaxy series, or just wait for iphone 5. This one sucks bad

iphones are generally worth it, but i personally hate the iphone 4 and 4s for their shape. they have sharp edges which hurt my hand so i'm still using the 3gs and waiting for the 5 to come out, supposedly its going to be a new smooth shape

yes