James
James asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 9 years ago

Does what doesn't kill you make you stronger?

or does it just try again?

Favorite Answer

It tries again but you are already immune. It fails, it implodes and there you have a sh!t out of nowhere.

The quote's sole purpose is to motivate whomever to refrain from giving up any goals or dreams the individual may have, given that all people have the option to give up hope entirely and become weak and useless and eventually hazardous to thyself or others.

So, in all senses, the quote is correct on the account that a persons experiences is what makes him or her that much stronger given that the experience could have, but did not kill you.

The quote is neat as well because aside from its motivational values, it is quite fact in all aspects of life.

If a flu virus doesn't kill you, then you are stronger by ways of experience and stronger physiologically also. (immune system.)

If an auto accident doesn't kill you, then regardless of injuries, you are a stronger individual. Consequently paraplegic? You may not be as strong as you were physically, but damn it are you stronger mentally.

***that quote is, in essence, stating the obvious.

A near fatal accident in 94 left me stronger mentally and spiritually but I'm physically fecked.

RScott

There's a nugget of truth in that, sometimes, I think - but no, not always. Many things don't kill you, but they weaken you, demoralize you and do nothing positive for you whatsoever - like contracting herpes or breaking your neck in a car accident - getting fired or out-competed for a dream job. Losing a loved one.

Nah - I think it's far more likely that what doesn't kill you discourages you, makes you less hopeful in life, and may embitter you.

Well look at it this way. If I get ran over and become disabled, no I'm not stronger. I might be stronger mentally in some way but this quote needs to not be taken literally

well i suppose if it doesn't make you PHYSICALLY stronger makes you mentally stronger... like if you got both arms chopped off obviously you wouldn't literally be stronger, but you will learn to appreciate things and that you're not so bad off and all that which makes you emotionally stronger.

or some ****.

• Jesere

Yes and Yes

Only spiritually and not always.

Getting over cancer doesn't make you stronger, you're actually more susceptible to other deceases afterward.

• (-:

Yes definately.. People can try to tear you down when they are consimed by jealousy.. I find the best is to ignore them and know that i am strong.. and it only makes me more determined to be the better person..

Yes thats true.