Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 9 years ago

Are omelette healthy ?

In my omelet I usually put 2/3 eggs ham or bacon and cheese is it healthy

Favorite Answer

With the ingredients that you add to your omelet, it is not really healthy. If you were to add some vegetables or fruit, like tomatoes, mushrooms... than it would be healthy. Eggs are not bad for you but too much of them are. So only eat omelets in proportion. Hope this helps.

Source(s): My years experience in making omelets.

Depends on your lipid levels. People with lipid disorders (like high cholesterol, for example) should limit their consumption of eggs or at the least, use only the white of the egg in their omelettes. For someone with normal lipid levels, however, the omelette you've described would be healthy so long as you weren't eating too many of them on a daily basis. And in what do you cook your omelettes? EVO (extra virgin olive oil) or fat-free cooking spray? Finally, what is your vitamin/mineral load? Your omelette is mostly protein except for the lycopene from the tomatoes and a scant teaspoon of romaine lettuce, tomato and bell peppers hardly qualifies as a full serving of fruit (the tomato) and vegetable (the lettuce and peppers). All stuff to consider. That's the problem with asking open ended questions without giving any background information.

• jlb777

I'll answer this the way I answer most of this type of question. Omelets are just like any other food. Too much is bad for. Having maybe an omelet a week is okay. Every day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner? No, of course not.

Because of the cholesterol content in eggs, it is recommended that you not eat more than 2-3 a week.

But within that limitation, eggs are fine for you. Go easy on the cheese, it has high cholesterol AND high sodium.

• jen

I wouldn't suggest eating it everyday though, too much sodium in the cheese and bacon, and ham.

Try adding different veggies to spice it up, and try to eliminate some of the meat.

Omelets are just like any other food. Too much is bad for health.

Yes, but without bacon and such, add veggies instead. And use olive oil of course, not butter.

Yes, but add some veggies to it also.... peppers, mushrooms, spinach and whatever else you like.

Source(s): pro chef

I don` now answer,but i love Omlette!

Fried eggs, bacon to eat many get cancer