broken ps3, data transfer, to another?

I got a broken 60 gb ps3 that no longer will turn on. How can i transfer all my game data to a new ps3? I've spent to much time on my games to start over, there must be some way!!!

Favorite Answer

Assuming there were some way to turn your PS3 back on, the idiots who told you to remove your hard drive and put it in another system would have you lose all of your data. The fellow who told you to take it in is also wrong as stores aren't in the habit of buying broken systems. The only viable option is find one of the tricks that will allow you to turn your system on and do a data transfer to your new system.

You WILL need a new system as if a system has failed once, it will fail again. May as well cover your bases.

Sorry mate but if your ps3 has YLOD'D then your data has gone. It has happened to alot of ps3 gamers. As i see it you have 3 options,

1. Do your research online, buy a repair kit and fix yourself.

2. Ring sony get an address and send in for repair, this will cost you $150-$200 and will take some time.

3. Take your broken fat ps3 into eb games / gamestop and trade in towards your new slim ps3, should get around $150.

Ps when you put your old hdd into a new ps3 it will re format thus losing your data.

Best of luck

Source(s): Have a few ps3's have had ylod, and have upgraded hdds on ps3's

Your PS3 has a hard drive, either put it in your new PS3 or connect the hard drive to your PC and transfer everything. Simple as that so don't worry! Hope this relieves some stress, and go find a PS3 fat that can play PS2 games!

Source(s): I own a PS3, although I have never heard of one dieing.

take out the hard drive?