How will I know he loves me?

Well, I've been dating my boyfriend for 5 months now :) He's my first boyfriend. I'm 19 and he's 20. Lately we've become more physically intimate & have come close to having sex. We stopped though, & talked about it. He said we could run to the store & get protection if I was ready, but I said no & that I wanted to think about it. He was totally okay with that. The real reason I said no is because I'm not sure if he loves me yet. I mean we get along great & I'm comfortable with him, but I just don't get the feeling that he truly loves me yet? How will I know? I'm asking because I always promised myself I wouldn't have sex unless I felt loved for sure, not just desired. any help would be great, thanks!

• Aww that's beautiful. I am 18 years old and waiting until marriage, I am still a virgin. I have been in love before and felt the urge before to have "make love" but rejected it because I wasn't married and didn't feel the love in return. You should wait a couple of months, if he loves you he will wait too and then you will know. It's typical for couples to break up in the sixth month of their relationship, you are at 5 months, get passed the 6th and see if everything is great. When you do finally feel that it's right, make love not have sex, there is a big difference. Also talk to him about it, if he's too afraid to say he loves you then be afraid to give yourself to him. Don't force him into saying it though, make sure it's real.

Source(s): Me.

Well 5 months are kinda short dont you think.... its to fast wait a little more becouse we all guys like sex and you know some guys only look for a short ralelationship and want to have sex a couple of times and look for someone ells but I aint saying he is like that but give it some time. And you will know if he likes you for reals or not... if he loves you he is going to respect your decisions

I think he does, cause he isnt 'sex hungry' if u know what i mean and if u feel great and comfy with him, that generally doesnt mean he's a pedo. :) if u ask me, id say he's fine and he sounds very special. Stick with him, u dont come across those guys everyday ;D why dont u just ask him if he loves u to get it straight, because u'll feel much better then

xxx good luck

He isn't using your for sexual advantage, so that's good. He is letting YOU make ALL the decisions... and that's how you know he really loves you :) otherwise, you *might* have been raped by now.

When you dont have to question weather he does or not. thats how you will know. good luck though..