?
? asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 9 years ago

Do all parents think their child is cute?

I am pretty sure everyone has seen an ugly child/baby (physically). Do you think the parents of the child sees an ugly baby when it is their own?

I am a pretty good example, When I had my son he seriously was and is the most beautiful thing I have ever laid eyes on. After I had my son I couldn't help looking at other babies that were born around the same time as him and think, "Damn my baby is so much cuter than that baby." No one's baby held a candle to my baby (in my mind). Well my son had sagittal synostosis so his head was deformed, but until his 2 month check up I had no clue it was deformed. In my eyes he was the epitome of perfection. He had to have surgery and have his skull reshaped. A few months later I went back and looked at pictures of him before his surgery, I was SHOCKED to see that while I still think he was absolutely adorable he actually was kinda funny looking, some might even say ugly.

So I know in my case specifically I never saw an ugly baby, where others might have. Do you think there are cases where the parent knows and sees his/her baby as ugly?

Favorite Answer

Good question and all i can answer is parents dont look at their kids with their eyes but with their heart.

• TaDaa!

I have a sister-in-law who admitted that she thought one of her younger son was an ugly baby when compared to her older son. My parents thought my oldest sister was an ugly baby. She supposedly had really big eyes and a big forehead that sort of stuck out. I don't know...maybe she was an ugly baby because we do not have any baby pictures of her. I know it's not a lack of camera either because my oldest brother has quite a few baby pictures and the sister right after the "ugly" sister had baby pictures too.

I never thought of my son as ugly but I never thought or said he was the cutest baby ever too. That's just going overboard in my mind.

I've heard of cases that the mother does indeed think her child is ugly. Sometimes it can be caused by how the child was conceived (i.e. Rape) that they can't stand to look at the child as they see something ugly and there are other instances where the mother is just a cold woman. I've seen other peoples children and thought they were ugly, but its rare to see. Most mothers will think there child is beautiful though and its a lovely thing. I belive it's because the child is apart of them and all they see is the love in their child causing them to have a certain beauty about them.

Source(s): I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense, I was having trouble finding the right words.

I've heard parents say that their kids are ugly and it's sad. I think most parents, when their babies are born, they say "My baby's the cutest baby in the world". But as they get older, some lose that mindset. It's sad, but it's true. Don't ever tell your child you felt that way though, it could cause some self esteem issues later on. My friend's mom told her she was ugly and it destroyed her.

I think all parents think their child/ren are the most beautiful thing they have ever clapped eyes on how ever, there are some different looking babies out there I wouldnt say ugly more so unique but once you get to know the child they are so beautiful and innocent and their smile makes them gorgeous :)

Have you ever heard of the saying a face only a mother can love?? Every mother thinks their child is the most beautiful thing in the world. When my daughter was born I thought she was beautiful, and I look back at her first photos now and they aren't pretty.

no, when its your child, they are beautiful no matter what they look like in most cases. i have had people even tell me my son is cuter then their baby, but i have also heard people think their newborns are ugly. so no not everyone thinks their baby is cute. my son from the time i saw him til now, is the cutest i have ever seen. and no one holds a candle to my son. but all babies are cute, in their own precious ways.

God lets us view them from our heart and I believe God's design is perfect. There are no ugly babies. All are made in His image. Picasso's art is ugly and distorting to me and beautiful to others. Who are we to judge whose baby is ugly. God is the artist and we are His design. Besides, if he didn't make us believe we had the cutest baby, we would all give our baby back at 3 yrs old and again at 13. :)

My child is documented to be the cutest baby in the world.

• Jill

I think some do but they over look it sort of. As they bond then it is like who cares what they look like they are the cutest thing ever.