Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 9 years ago

Is there an alternative to buying a new computer if the disc drive no longer works properly?

This may be a no-brainer question to most people but I'm afraid I don't know much about computers. Anyhow, the disc reader on my lenovo computer no longer works so I'm wondering is there a reliable website I can shop on and find an solution to this problem and if so what exactly am I shopping for? Any advice would be most appreciated! Thank you!

• Lv 7
    Favorite Answer

yes. go to eBay, and type your laptop's model number along with "DVD-RW" into the search field, and tell it to search in the descriptions as well, on the next search page. you may find a suitable replacement for it, at a fraction of what you pay for on other sites.

if you are unsure of how to replace it, you may want to let a PC pro in your area handle it.

Source(s): 10 years of aspiring to be a PC professional

Yes, the great thing about Lenovo is that there laptops are incredibly easy to change parts! You can simply take it to any computer shop and they would have no problem simply swapping out the Optical Drive!

For questions or for further support, email me at tech.guy730@gmail.com

first on laptop it cost twice the price of desktop disc drive laptop one cost 50$ and desktop one 25$

and many time some software problem may arive but if its too old pc and used long than may be hardware problem . in desktop better get new one and change it merely in 10 minutes procedure u can find on google .

in laptop although u can change out lens that cost 18 to 30$ lol better get new one whole disc drive thats also easy to change just check google

• JD

You can just buy another disk drive and replace your current one, no need to buy a whole new computer. But if you don't know what you're doing then it's best to take it to a store and get them to install it themselves. You can inquire about this to any local computer stores near your place.

just buy another disk drive and replace your current one, no need to buy a new laptop. You can buy online from www.alazizonline.com