Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 9 years ago

PLEASE HELP ME OUT WITH THIS?! 10PTS!!!?

I'm really wanting to start my own little cupcake business from home to make some extra cash. I love to bake, but normally when I bake I just use box cake mixes and stuff. In order to start my own little business, I need to have my own signiature recipes! I've never been good at creating things on my own when it comes to baking.. so I don't know how I would go about making my own signiature cupcakes?! Also, how do bakers have all these different flavored icings, yet they get them to be all the same consistancy?? I really need to start findind my own recipes... what do I do i'm not good at this type of thing?! I'll post a picture below so you can see what I mean about they different flavors of icing, yet they are all the same consistancy! i want all my cupcakes to look the same.. like, I don't want my chocolate icing to be super fluffy, & then my vanilla icing look more runny.. you know what I mean? Best advice/suggestions gets 10pts, Thanks!

http://www.myfudo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/G...

See what I mean? All different flavors but same consistancy.. How can I make my own recipes like this?!

Favorite Answer

There is no substitute for experience. A good start might be modifying established recipes to make your own unique flavor. They're all the same icing base, just flavored differently, so they should naturally have the same consistency. You can either 1. spend a load of money on experimenting to self-teach how to ice nicely or 2. Go to a baking class with cupcakes. I recommend the second. But you still need practice and errors to back up the knowledge.

IF you want to do a business from home, you CANNOT use a box mix, They have to be 100% homemade, You also have to get the Blessings of the local health dept. then check out some of the recipes from FOOD NETWORK......COM for recipes and adjust them for your needs., then they will become your recipes.

Source(s): pro chef

WHY ARE ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS ASKED IN THIS FORMAT? 10 PTS IT'S CONSIDERED RUDE EVEN IF YOUR CAPS LOCK KEY IS BROKEN