who would you rate as the best director and why?

mine is peter jackson

lord of the rings enuf said :D

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Steven Spielberg

Both his blockbuster movies Jurassic Park(Sci-Fi) and Schindler's List(Drama) were released in the same year 1993 and he won the oscar for Schindler's List. This shows that he worked on scripts of 2 different genres at the same time and pulled it off perfectly.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Stanley Kubrick if we can name dead people. 2001: A Space Odyssey and A Clockwork Orange changed the way I looked at movies

Living director? I don't know. Maybe Paul Thomas Anderson. I think There Will Be Blood is a modern day classic.

• My answer changes pretty much all of the time.

Today I'l say.... Inmgar Bergham. Did a bit of research about him out of interest, and he actually influenced what alot of people thought about cinema in general, from a form of mear entertainment to an art form. His screenplays are top notch (his work in theatre is evident of this), and his movies, when you watch them, are really well made (Fanny & Alexander- wow). His movies have a subtely to them, and yes, the topics he explores may be depressing but the way he presents them in orignal ways (The Seventh Seal has comedic undertones that are well done) make them movies you can watch over and over again.. yet still take a meaning from them every time.

• 9 years ago

You should watch "Dead Alive" by Peter Jackson back in his days as a horror director. Pure gold.

Honestly, I got several that come to mind (Hitchcock, Tarantino, Welles, Scott), but I gotta go with Spielberg. No other director really has made as many epic movies as he has.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Danny Boyle - Transpotting, Slumdog Millionaire

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Christopher Nolan -Memento

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.