What do you of New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie ordering the flag to be flown at half mast for Whitney Houston?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but maybe I am old fashioned but I feel the flag should only be flown at half mast as a final tribute to our troops who have died fighting for this country.

Favorite Answer

Me too - should be for a state dignitary

Source(s): or a deceased soldier at the outside a mark of respect for loss of many lives in a natural disaster in an allied country

I love the politics of Christie but it does seem a little odd he would lower the flag

for an entertainer.

I think I read somewhere she was New Jersey born?

That would explain much.

Still, as some have mentioned, this practice would better serve our dead combat heroes.

Unions are very powerful in NJ

Houston generated thousands of union paychecks

• Sarah

I'm ok with it, but I think that it is highly likely that there have been soldiers from NJ who have died in our recent wars who didn't have the flag lowered in honor of them.

If it's true that he didn't lower the flag for one of our deceased soldiers from NJ, I'm betting this will be a big issue.

• Mutley

My only guess is that she is from Jersey and Christie is already campaigning for 2016.

Only a guess

• xfiler

I agree. Unbelievable now we're honoring a junkie who overdoses.

He was bribed by the Houston family with a bag of Doritos.

There are different ways to contribute to one's country.

I see nothing wrong with it.