What do you of New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie ordering the flag to be flown at half mast for Whitney Houston?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but maybe I am old fashioned but I feel the flag should only be flown at half mast as a final tribute to our troops who have died fighting for this country.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Me too - should be for a state dignitary

Source(s): or a deceased soldier at the outside a mark of respect for loss of many lives in a natural disaster in an allied country
  • 8 years ago

I love the politics of Christie but it does seem a little odd he would lower the flag

for an entertainer.

I think I read somewhere she was New Jersey born?

That would explain much.

Still, as some have mentioned, this practice would better serve our dead combat heroes.

• 8 years ago

Unions are very powerful in NJ

Houston generated thousands of union paychecks

• Sarah
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

I'm ok with it, but I think that it is highly likely that there have been soldiers from NJ who have died in our recent wars who didn't have the flag lowered in honor of them.

If it's true that he didn't lower the flag for one of our deceased soldiers from NJ, I'm betting this will be a big issue.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mutley
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

My only guess is that she is from Jersey and Christie is already campaigning for 2016.

Only a guess

• xfiler
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

I agree. Unbelievable now we're honoring a junkie who overdoses.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

He was bribed by the Houston family with a bag of Doritos.

• 8 years ago

There are different ways to contribute to one's country.

• 8 years ago

I see nothing wrong with it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.