Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificChina · 9 years ago

Is china beggining to learn the American Language?

How is it there?

Filipino here. Looking to visit.

I'm sorry but It's called AMERICAN. If you don't like it go back to england.

Favorite Answer

Please don't call it American, us English gave it to them and we invented it. Please call it the English Language. And yes China learns the ENGLISH language.

Firstly UK & Eire is correct. American English is just a corruption of English. Although in some cases the Americans still use words that went out of date in English English YEARS ago.

Secondly YOU should be learning Mandarin if you want to go there.

I learned a LITTLE Cantonese and, as in every country I've visited, people are a lot more willing to help you if you at least try to grasp some of their language.

In the big cities you will find English speakers but it's a BIG country and there are a lot of places you'll have trouble finding someone to communicate in English with you.

Enjoy your trip.

You'll do fine with just english if you are visiting as a tourist and don't go off the track on your own or stick to big cities.

Hong Kong is very english friendly. Although english is taught in chinese mainland schools, their conversational ability is poor.

I can speak American, English, and learning Spanish and Korean. So pretty much 4 languages.

• Nathan

First of all, it's the ENGLISH language, and yes it is taught in school. But, be a good tourist and learn at least a few phrases of Mandarin before you go. It's the polite thing to do.