When was the iPhone 4s released?

I am planning on buying an iPhone, but I have a buddy who's friend works for apple, and he said they already had a few iPhones made already, they are just waiting to sell them. Anyway, I am buying an iPhone 4s but I don't really want it to be out of date or something, it's complicated.... Point being, can someone tell me the date that apple released the iPhone 4s?

Favorite Answer

I would steer you away from the iphones 4s because it has battery drainage problems:

http://www.techieinsider.com/news/13863/battery-dr...

Even Steve Wozniak, co-founder of apple says the same thing and that siri is glitchy:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-205_162-57360045/apple...

And this is an Apple Legend saying this so you know it has to be bad.

Furthermore, with iphone you do not get Adobe Flash which is required to properly view videos on many websites, it is a huge complaint among iphone owners. Plus you cannot expand memory with iphone if you run out of space but with android you just add a card up to 32gb and you're good to go.

You get more free apps with android, for example angry birds is free with android whereas you have to buy it with apple, or use their "free" version which has a big ad blocking part of the screen getting in the way of gameplay.

Android phones are usually superior in technical specs, faster and more customizable. It is the better choice, that is why it leads the global market in smartphones today despite apple selling their iphones cheap or free.

And despite the Woz saying iphones are easier to use, ANYONE can use android, he had to say SOMETHING nice about apple lol.

Oct 14th Of 2011 Won't Be Out Of Date Apple Still Releases Updates For The 3gs Three Phones Ago

• cosio

hey John, I stay in Australia, so this won't be completely useful yet right here is going! The keynote is at 12:30pm pacific time and as quickly as that is over and the 30 minute talk is over they are going to edit it and upload it to the apple website or you need to purely variety in "keynote October 2011" and attempt locate it on google contained in right here few hours :) relating to the iPhone 4s,5 bulletins, i assume you will purely could desire to observe the keynote. desire this clears issues up.

• SRΛSC

October 14th 2011

Early October 2011, about 4 months ago.