I told one of my closest friends I liked her, now what do I do?

So, today I brought up the courage to tell my friend I liked her, during lunch I asked her if we could talk somewhere then I told her how I felt about her, after wards we were just staring and smiling at each other saying nothing, I asked her if she needed more time to think and she said yeah. I still haven't gotten an answer, we have 1st period together and it might feel a bit awkward, do I just avoid her until she's ready to approach me? What should I do?

YES! Give it time. What you did was express your interests in her and tell her that you like her. Your job is done my friend. You've baited the hook and have it in the water. Now you just have to wait for her to bite. If she doesn't, move onto the next one my friend because as the old adage says, "There's other fish in the sea". If you ask her again for her answer you may very well run her off. Give her time to talk to her friends and her own support system. In the meantime, take your mind off it by doing other things to occupy yourself. Fishing is a waiting game my friend. You can't ask a fish to bite onto your hook can you?

It's okay! She understands, just calm down and if she's not gonna talk to u for a couple days just leave her alone and let her come to u, and if she likes u back than she will talk to u immediately. Just try to talk to her the next time u see her don't avoid her..

Dont avoid her because then she'll think you're playing games with her just be up straight and say hay and act normal and ask do you know what you wanna do now be straight forward because it's to late to shy away now

Answer mines pretty please http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Ao5_5...

umm to be honest if she really wanted to be with she would bring it up when u see her tomm so act normal but dont bring it up cuz u dont want to get rejected

Just keep acting normal, but be extra nice when you see her.