is it true jehovah witnesses, mormons and SDA are the only who have their version of the Bible?

mormons a version with words of Joseph Smith, the SDA a version called the clean word and jehovah witnesses the new world of the holy scriptures why is that?

Favorite Answer

I think you mean the Clear Word Bible. Yes it was written by a Seventh-Day Adventist and some people (even Adventists) take umbrage with the loose translation. It is a paraphrase bible and was never meant to be a study bible. I normally use NKJV and I have also come to like the ESV. I do not own a Clear Word Bible nor do I need one to explain Biblical doctrine. If you still don't believe me, just consider that the Adventist Church officially began in 1863 but the Clear Word bible was not published until 1994. I have never seen a Clear Word Bible used in an official Bible study, church service, or prophecy seminar. If any of our teachings were only based on that version you would have a point, but they aren't. So please, take us off that list in your head.

The official Bible that the Mormons use is the King James Version. Yes, it does have footnotes, but as with any book using footnotes, it is up to the reader to take advantage of them. Not everyone uses the footnotes.

The first Bible I read was not an LDS Bible, it even had a Catholic reading schedule in the back. But it reads exactly the same as the LDS King James Version.

The Old Testament - showing the laws and need for a messiah, and what will happen when the messiah comes. The New Testament - showing the coming of the Christ, the preaching of His Gospel, His Death and resurrection. The Book of Mormon - the story of a family from one of the twelve tribes, Christ's visitation to them, some of the 'other sheep' He visited, and His teachings of the Gospel to them. If we were to find other ancient manuscripts detailing Christ's visitation to more of His 'other sheep', then those would probably become doctrine also, as well as other testaments of Christ.

.

As one of Jehovah's Witnesses I can tell you we use, and respect, many translations of the Bible.

When I first studied with the Witnesses, I used my beloved KJV.... I also have a Revised Standard Version. The Good News Bible. The Living Bible etc: ... I also read many translations on www.biblecc.com

We use the New World Translation in our Services because it is a modern accurate version, and the version used by those who write our study material.

. .

• Neerp

There is no Biblical command to not add to the Word of God. John wrote his warning in Revelation for those that would make copies of his manuscripts, he basically told them to get it right and don't make any changes. There is not one shred of evidence that he intended this to apply to some collection of books that would not exist for hundreds of years - books that would be changed many times over the centuries.

And Mormons use the authorized King James version of the Bible. JWs also use standard versions of the Bible.

As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon) , can I just clarify our position regarding the Bible.

We believe the Bible to be the word of God. We use it as a primary source of scripture and follow it's teachings. We generally use the King James Version of the Bible. We believe, however, in the translation process, certain truths have been lost etc from the original texts as they have been translated from one language to another to another.

Joseph Smith, did give his personal interpretations on some elements of the Bible, particularly the Gospel of Matthew - this was simply clarification - we still use the King James Version as our primary Biblical text. Many may dismiss Joseph Smith's clarification, but isn't it similar to many modern day versions of the Bible which have someone's opinions of the original meaning as they have prepared it for a more modern audience?

We also believe in the Book of Mormon (hence the nick name of he Church), the history of a small group of Jews who left Jerusalem at the time of Jeremiah, approx 600BC, which, like the Bible recounts the account of God's dealings with them. Central to the Book of Mormon is the account of the Saviors appearance to them after His resurrection.

We believe the Book of Mormon goes hand in hand with the Bible as a second witness that Jesus Christ is the Savior of Mankind. We use it to more fully understand the doctrines of the Bible.

It in no way replaces the Bible.

I hope this clarifies your question as far as the use of the Bible by members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)

Source(s): see 'mormon.org'
  • TeeM

No most bibles are translated by ministers who have their bias / beliefs, who are also scholars.

The NAB, New Jerusalem Bible were translated for Catholics.

The NIV was translated for Evangelical christians who believed in a specific form of christianity.

The NASB was translated by scholars who believe the trinity, and in an immortal soul.

Even the KJV when it first came out was criticized for promoting the beliefs of one group of christians.

A good book for you to read is "Truth in Translation" by Dr. Jason BeDuhn.

He compares 8 modern bibles including the KJV, NASB, NIV, RSV, and the NWT.

-------------------

edit:

Wow two thumbs down for speaking truth.

200 years after Christ, the Jews rejected the Septuagint, because they said it was the Christians bible.

yet it was translated by Jew, 200 years before Christ.

Public opinion does not make something better or accurate.

.

.

All man-made denominations of Christianity have their own version of the Bible.

• Jase

Its true about the Mormons and the Jehovah Witnesses, not sure about SDA

The mormon bible is the book of mormon its different from the bible and is not the same

The Jehovah witnesses created their own bible in the 1960s and altered the scriptures to conform to their own teachings and its completely different from the Christian Holy Bible.

check this website out http://carm.org/religious-movements/jehovahs-witne...

this site might help you with some of your research

http://carm.org

• trugoy

You do know the King James Bible was altered to fit the teachings of the Church of England?

James gave the translators instructions intended to guarantee that the new version would conform to the ecclesiology and reflect the episcopal structure of the Church of England and its belief in an ordained clergy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you know the preface of the KJV says it's not the ONLY Bible to be used?

"variety of Translations is profitable for the finding out of the sense of the Scriptures"

Mormons use the KJV.