Help with science homework?
2) How can geologists use a rock cycle diagram?
A to predict what will happen to a rock that is exposed to certain conditions
B to identify the different types of rocks that are found around the world
C to find out if the same kinds of rocks are found on different planets
D to study how materials move through Earth’s different layers
6. The fossil record provides evidence of all the following except the
A environments in which organisms lived
B genes of past life forms that are now extinct
C past climates of different regions
D extinctions of many kinds of organisms
15. Geologists classified organisms in the fossil record and arranged them in order from earliest to latest. The geologists found evidence that
A most present-day organisms have existed without change for billions of years.
B there are fewer kinds of organisms today than there were in the past.
C organisms have evolved, or changed over time.
D few organisms have become extinct during the Cenozoic Era.
16. What happens when an unstable element undergoes radioactive decay?
A The particles in the atoms rearrange themselves, but no new elements are formed.
B The atoms of the element break down to form atoms of another element.
C The atoms of the element fuse together.
D The element absorbs energy from the environment.
17. There is evidence that during the Carboniferous period, parts of North America had a warm, tropical climate and were covered with swampy forests of giant ferns and trees. One main type of evidence for this is
A present-day swamps
B fossils of insect-eating birds
C dinosaur fossils
D present-day coal deposits
29. What events do geologists use to divide geologic eras?
A ice ages
C evolution of new species
D billions of years
- 9 years agoFavorite Answer
29. cSource(s): Wikipedia, and my miraculous head
- weyantLv 44 years ago
nicely enable me merely whip out the ole McDougal Littell Earth technology e book I actually have in my closet o wait, maximum human beings answering this don't have your textbook the questions must be staggering