Microsoft master sheet how and excel or access?

I have 21 branches and I'm trying to create a master table for expenses (another one will be made for sales and etc) for a 12 month period. All months and branches will be the same format so I thought it would be easy What I originally thought would work is to create an excell workbook for each branch and a... show more I have 21 branches and I'm trying to create a master table for expenses (another one will be made for sales and etc) for a 12 month period. All months and branches will be the same format so I thought it would be easy

What I originally thought would work is to create an excell workbook for each branch and a worksheet in that book for each month then I could link these sheets to a master workbook for me. My master book would have 12 sheets (1 for every month) then on each sheet I could create some type of drop down list for the branches when I selected the branch from that list it would pull that branches information from the other workbook for that month. I would also like it so if I changed something on the master list it showed on the workbook and vice versa. I don't care about tracking changes.

This is not easy and I have found nothing regarding it for excel or access on how to do this. Is there another way? Is this even possible? This must be possible