What makes us human? I need to write a paper for my humanities class & I need to consider all of the following?

consider all of the social, political, economic, spiritual, artistic, linguistic, personal, and sociological factors that make *you* human. What role has art, history, philosophy, cinema, poetry, stories, myths, language, spirituality, politics, etc. played in enriching your humanity?

Okay, I have most of it complete. I just need help on incorporating on how history, politics, and economic makes us human.

• G K
    Best Answer

I sometimes wonder if politics isn't just an extension of instincts-- like those of bees to create a new queen when one is needed, for chickens to develop pecking order, and for an alpha wolf to assert leadership and mating rights in the pack.

That being said, humans infuse that instinct with a sense of morality and justice.

We keep track of our history and have a way of accounting for the condition we find ourselves in. We can see the consequences of bad choices and good ones, and can make informed decisions based on knowledge learned from reading history, sharing research and communicating with others; it's not simply survival of the fittest-- make a mistake, get weak and die off.

Economics-- it's still survival of the fittest, but we use numbers and statistics to rationalize it. And if the Alpha really likes the Beta or the Omega, he'll find a way to subsidize it or bail it out by taxing the Delta, the Mu and the Sigma.

Humans are very complex creatures, but we're the only species who have made significant changes in our architecture, music, religion, government, communication, technology, etc., over the centuries of our existence

What makes you human is how you built your self as a person. No animal has the capability to do this because they are not rashional. Therefore you make your self a better or wost person. You built your self or you destroy your self. Theirs a few things that can help you be a better person. Having a religion. That brings in morality and virtues, and the other one is common senc, treat others the way you want to be treated. Philosophers said the human is a project not finished, you are perfect in your dynamics but your inner self is the unfinished part. By how humans love, and interact with others. Love plays a huge roll in a humans life. Love is what humans need because it's written in our bodies. When love is not found, a human becomes an unprehandable bein with no purpose.

Im into computers so i like to make a comparison of humans to computers. A computer can only do what a person tells it to do. Even if you make some software that can create an updated version of it's own software based on some stimuli it still is only really doing what you told it to. It doesn't have "awareness" and it doesn't really "understand" what it's doing. In fact, computers are useless unless the data coming from them is at some point or another understood by humans. So that is the difference, we have "awareness"... we can even think about the fact that we can think about ourselves and everything around us (metacognition). We kind of "reprogram" our own internal software and hardware based on what we learn... on our own... computers don't do that. I think that's the main point, we independently reprogram ourselves, computers are not inherentlyindependent...there's always a point where they're programming only goes so far ...... independence = ability to make choices on you're own...computers don't do that, we do. That's what makes us human, the ability to make decisions all of our own accord. I'm a religious guy too, so I believe this is what makes up a spirit inside of a person, it's the part of them that is intelligent, or in other words, the decision making part of us. In the grand scheme of things.

In nature of the people is to be egoist, which is somewhat good because it follows its own interests often realize the interests of others or even society. This is because one has to act and create in interaction with others.

In history, politics and economic is hard to be human. But, right there we have the biggest chances to show our humanity. We need to transcend ourselves and the higher interest just put in front of us.

I hope this will help you:)) ( sorry, if there is some mistakes)

Ability to put our self interest behind the interests of humanity as a whole. Behind the better of the whole.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one. Commander Spock, Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

What makes you human is your abilIty to think and percieve knowledge in a way that is so unique thAt no one can duplicate it and r u in cOllege cause I am a freshman in high school and I wrote a paper in class and got an A

Source(s): Mr. Wiggs my world dynamics teacher

Well, to be honest, the first thing that pops into my mind when you say "history, politics, economy, and human", is "Greed, Mistakes, Power-hungry, Control" etc.

I am not sure if that is what you were looking for, but it's just my honest opinion / and impromptu word relation.

Source(s): Good luck. Hope i helped a little. -just me trying to help from my personal thoughs / opinion / experiences-

The main reason what makes us human is the desire to be more than our animal nature, what is called sin nature of Man and become as God in a Godly nature of Holiness and righteousness. We have law now to help us to be righteous and not to do sinning. When we are above our animal nature , one will not need law as to be good , but be good for goodness sakes.

The 3 Rs is one of the ingredients in all this that makes us civilized human.(reading ,riting [ writing], and rithmetic [ arithmetic]).

Pardon me? You expect an answer to that within the 1500-word limit?

Please show us what you have so far and where you need help.

Also give us the context of the question and the scope of answer you need to complete.

What you've posted is a typical gag question for philosophy screening exams.

history makes us human coz we care what did ir not happen to our predecessors, politics because we care about law and governance and economics because we want to know how a certain figure or amount came up.