Looking for the Title and Author of book that is quite similar to Gone by Michael Grant?

I haven't read Gone by Michael Grant yet, but after reading the summary on the back it caught my interest but it also reminded me of a book i read when i was younger. I read this other book basically 9 years or so ago when i was in junior high. I do not remember what the title is or who the author is either,... show more I haven't read Gone by Michael Grant yet, but after reading the summary on the back it caught my interest but it also reminded me of a book i read when i was younger. I read this other book basically 9 years or so ago when i was in junior high. I do not remember what the title is or who the author is either, but i remember i loved reading that book.
The basic concept was that all the adults had died and only children survived, like Gone. But the main character was a girl and she and the group she lead took shelter in their local high school. There is a rival group that fights them and basically tries to kill the main girl, she has a younger brother and is in love with her best friend(that last part i think is right but not sure). Her best guy friend is basically her second in command and stuff but he wants to be a farmer at the farm house they found. At the end of the book, the girl gets shot in the stomach and is taken to that farm house to heal. This is where the best friend decideds to stay at the farm and she returns to the school once she got better.
Basically this book is older and was probably writen in either the 80's or 90's. If anyone can help me out and tell me the name of the book and/or author you would be my hero! I've wondered about this book for some years now, and have had no luck finding anything about it, so please someone help me.
1 answer 1