How can I test if my son is gay?

I am worried my son is gay. How can I test him? :(

Best Answer

Don't test him. If the subject come up in general, let him know that you are supportive of LGBT people. Let him tell you when he's ready, then love him and support him in his difficult effort to come out.

Ok here's the thing.

Being gay isn't something that can be changed, ever. So you need to approach this from a different angle.

I'm assuming you love your son. You need to ASK him.

Or better yet, let him find it in himself to tell you, because it's not actually your business. It may affect you a tiny bit - ie you'll be introduced to a boyfriend, not a girlfriend, but that's it. It's his life. I repeat, it's not actually your problem. So respect him as a human being in his own right, separate from you, and let him tell you. You don't actually have the right to make him tell you, either.

There is no test; a feminine male gay is a stereotype, not the norm. It's a stereotype because they are the kinds of gays that people can spot a mile away.

But I think, with all due respect, that you need to change your attitude. Being gay is OK. It's fine. It's natural. He will have a great life, as long as the people he loves and relies on, support him. No doubt if he is gay, he'll need you to be his rock.

Please don't worry. It's not a bad thing. No, I'm not a male gay. But there is no test.

There is no reason to be worried, being gay is as natural as breathing. You should ask your son if he is gay and love him no matter what. He is still your son and always will be.

Source(s): Im bi and currently working on coming out to my mom

First of all why are you worried? It's not a bad thing to be gay, you should first let him know that you are ok with it and that you will care about him no matter what then he might tell you the truth about how he feels or if he is confused.

i know some gay people. and from what i know. coming out suppose to be an individual decision. to entrap your own son seem to be a classless thing to do in my opinion.

i mean if you really want to. why dont you do what that guy dharun ravi did. put a secret video in your son room and tape his activity ( i am being sarcastic, in case you have not picked it up).

Don't test him. Let him be who is. If he is gay, let him take his time to come out to you when he's ready and be there to support him.

Ask him and be proud of him no matter what being gay isn't a crime for gods sake . It's perfectly normal

Go to a communal hot tub and cut vagina farts under the water, if rainbow bubbles come up he might be gay.

Ask him who Samantha isvand where she's from. If he says the top ***** from sex and the city he's gay

Why test? Just ask him. AND TELL HIM IT DOESN'T MATTER IF HE IS OR NOT BECAUSE YOU STILL WILL LOVE HIM REGARDLESS OF HIS ANSWER BECAUSE HE IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE YOUR SON.

Source(s): Experience. My folks weren't comfortable with it. My grandpa isn't very religious although he is a Christian man and he doesn't care that I'm bisexual. My aunt is very religious and she says if you're gay, you instantly go to hell. My uncle is a Muslim, and at first he didn't like it, but he doesn't care anymore. The rest of my family don't care. The religious aspect of it - Christianity doesn't CONDEMN homosexuality. It doesn't approve it, but it doesn't condemn it. In fact, the concept is as ridiculous as the circumcision thing, which REDUCES SEXUAL EFFECTIVENESS. Review it in your bible. (Besides, it's statistically shown that homosexual couples are generally more successful than heterosexual couples. I've been with about as many boys as I have been with girls. The longest heterosexual relationship I've had lasted a little over a year. I'm still with the boy of my dreams, and we've happily been together since May 2010.)