I have a question about SSI (mainly about Nevada)?

I have SSI, I had a bad stroke & heart attack awhile ago... I am in Ca. right now. You can get a little bit more than $835 a month for SSI (I can never remember exactly how much, but it is a little bit more than $835/month. I found out that Pennsylvania SSI gets $674/month + food stamps. I may be moving back to Reno, Nv. however. I lived there back up until Dec/1996. When I lived there I knew nothing about SSI, so... now, today... how much SSI would I likely get in Nevada today? Would I get food stamps there (like in Pennsylvania) or no food stamps (like California?)

No, BeachBum is wrong. My ex-wife lived in Ca.SSI because of the Scoliosis & sleep apnea (she is now in Pa.) No, she never had food stamps. Because of her scoliosis she cannot work, SSI IS IT!!! But, she never had food stamps in Ca. Instead you get a bit more cash, the $674 + NO FOOD STAMPS AT ALL, just a bit more cash = about $835 dollars. NO, BeachBum is wrong. So, how is it in Nevada?

Oh, ya... my son has SSI, he has asperger's. He too could NEVER get food stamps in Ca. That is because of the same thing. Ca. WILL NOT give food stamps to people who have SSI, just more cash, again although... what is it like in Nevada? Please, if someone reads this & you do not know then PLEASE do not say anything. I would appreciate this.

Bum & Harry are trolls... My ex-mother-in-law has SSI. She is dying. Her, a job... never again. My ex-mother-in-law lives in Bishop, Ca. NO, SHE CANNOT GET FOOD STAMPS, SHE HAS SSI INSTEAD.California WILL NOT GIVE YOU FOOD STAMPS. IF YOU HAVE SSI, INSTEAD Ca. will give you more cash per month... DUH, I HAVE BEEN GETTING SSI SINCE JUNE 2010. I HAVE NOT WORKED SINCE MORE THAN A YEAR! I WAS HOMELESS FOR AWHILE... SO WHAT! YOU CANNOT GET FOOD STAMPS IN CA. IF YOU HAVE SSI! It sucks too, if you got food stamps then you get more food stamps than the California SSI extra cash. So the 'federal government says...' who cares? You cannot smoke pot either in America because the 'government says...' Big deal, California says YOU CAN smoke pot in California. (& no, the last time I smoked was over 20 years ago...) BUT heck, I was with a friend, Steve. He was down Broadway in San Diego, Ca. smoking pot. He walked by a street cop. The female (yes, a female cop) said nothing! California

is different. I am pretty sure other states do things a bit different, just don't know all.

Favorite Answer

Greg is correct, the others are Trolls.

Read this:

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program

California provides Cal-Fresh, or food stamps, to eligible individuals waiting for a decision on an SSI application. If Social Security denies SSI benefits, the individual can continue to receive nutrition assistance under the program. An SSI recipient in California cannot receive both SSI and Cal-Fresh benefits concurrently. California is the only state that does not provide SNAP benefits for SSI recipients under most circumstances.

Ssi Las Vegas

You are right, Most people are idiots! I lived in Van Nuys, Ca. for years. I had an amputation. I now have SSI. I cannot work right now, because of that I could not have food stamps because of SSI. Ca. will not give you food stamps if you have SSI Ca. will instead give you about, nearly, $200. IF you go to Nevada you will get food stamps and your food stamps will be more than Ca. SSI's cash. I know, My cousin helped me to move. I am now in Las Vegas.Most people think you get food stamps in Ca. because of how the law is worded, they are not lawyer's and they do not have SSI while in Ca. Because of all that they think they are correct... most people are idiots.

• Judith

The state of Nevada only supplements the current federal SSI benefit of $698 if you are blind or aged (65+). Sorry. Can't help you in regards to food stamps. Why don't you google it yourself?

Source(s): Retired social security employee.

How much do you get on SSI? I live in Arkansas and get 733.00 and food stamps rent is 245.00 for 3 bedrooms 2 baths and they help with utility bills..... think I will stay here.

Can I find something like this in Vegas?

• ?

Food Stamps Reno Nv

No matter what state you are in, when you are on SSI, food stamps are based on your living cost. For example, I know a man on SSI in my state of NC. He receives 694 a month but his rent is 550 so he receives the maximum amount in food stamps NC will allow per month.

how much social security income you get in Nevada and California at 65 and 66?

cost of living is very high in Las Vegas as it is in LA. Who ever told u it was cheap or low do not know Vegas, Deposits are high no jobs High Rent and with out good credit u are about lost.Disability is hard to come by.Check these things out, not listen to just any one.