Christians: If we use Matthew 28:19 as a proof for the trinity, then what do we do with 1 Timothy 5:21?

If we are using Matthew 28:19 for the trinity

----- ----- ----- -----

Matthew 28:19=

King James Bible

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

New World Translation

Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit,

New International Version

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

----- ----- ----- -----

And if we use that verse to prove the trinity, why are we ignoring 1 Timothy 5:21?

----- ----- ----- -----

1 Timothy 5:21=

King James Bible

I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou observe these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality.

New World Translation

I solemnly charge you before God and Christ Jesus and the chosen angels to keep these things without prejudgment, doing nothing according to a biased leaning.

New International Version

I charge you, in the sight of God and Christ Jesus and the elect angels, to keep these instructions without partiality, and to do nothing out of favoritism.

----- ----- ----- -----

Because if we use the logic applied to Matthew 28:19 that it proves the trinity, why is the same logic not used on 1 Timothy 5:21?

I asked this earlier today, but no trinity christians answered.

Thanks!!

@Gabby: what is so confusing about using more than one translation for 3 verses and asking a question?

sorry, 2 verses, Matthew and 1 Timothy. If you do not like those translations, look them up yourself. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

Julius, I think you made a very valid point with the two verses in question.

As several have mentioned, the ABSENCE of the holy spirit is noticeable in many verses that speak about God and Jesus.

And true, that does not diminish the importance of the holy spirit. But what that does is show us that the holy spirit was not considered an indispensible part of a "three in one" being.

The holy spirit, as God's power in action has its own usage. But it is definitely not a person on an equal footing with Jehovah God and Jesus Christ.

Source(s): One of Jehovah's Witnesses

Well I don't use this particular one in 1 Timothy because it does not mention the Holy Spirit, and the elect (chosen) angels are not the Holy Spirit, and this verse does not speak of all three the Father, the Son Jesus and the Holy Spirit together. People who ask this question about the Trinity want to see the verse\verses where all three are mentioned together. Like the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

In Is. 61:1 it reads "The Spirit of the Lord God (Father\Jehovah) is upon Me (Jesus). Because the Lord (God) has anointed Me (Jesus).

In Gen.1:2 - it says And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. Then it starts reading and God said, then in verse 26 while the Spirit is hovering over the earth, God speaks to the Son Jesus who is with Him, and says Let Us make man in our image. This show that the three have been together since the beginning of time.

John 14:26 - Jesus said, "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father (the living God) will send In My (Jesus) name,, He (the Spirit) will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you."

Matthew 3:16-17.

2 Cor. 13:14 - The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion (fellowship) of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen.

Because 1Timothy 5:21 has nothing to do with reference to the Trinity.

If the inclusion of angels bothers you, then you should realize that

there are different classes of angels and each have their own certain

assignments. If some are assigned to this particular task, what's the

big deal? The Holy Spirit has other things to do.

You miss the whole point of the verse, worrying about a non-existant

problem. Shame on you.

Do what the scripture says, "Lean not to your own understanding."

The implications are different. In the first, one would be grossly in error to baptize "in the name" of an elect angel. This is because being baptized is a ritual of identification with God. Therefore, doing so in all three names is indicative of their equal personhood within the Godhead.

In the second, it is simply stating that God, Jesus, and the elect angels know what is done on Earth and we could be accountable to them. For some reason, the Holy Spirit was often not mentioned in descriptions of the heavenly panorama in the New Testament. I speculate that this is because (s)he was sent out to live within humanity, thus not in the throne room of Heaven described here.

matthew 28 was simply Jesus Christ's commission to his disiples to preach the Gospel and baptize all people in God's name, the Trinity. In 1 Timothy 5:21 Paul the Apostle is telling his friend and young pastor to obey what he cammanded him. just because he doesnt put the Holy spirit in here doesnt mean he doesnt exist! he is co-equal and exists in God and Jesus Christ. the Bible doesnt base its doctrines of qaunity of words used. If its used once its still true. The Holy Spirit is clearly taught to be God by Jesus,Paul and all his apostles

Jesus Christ He is the Savior, “the Son of God,” and “the firstborn of all creation.” (John 1:34; Colossians 1:15; Acts 5:31) As a created being, he is not part of a Trinity. “The Father is greater than I am,” said Jesus. (John 14:28) Jesus lived in heaven before coming to earth, and after his sacrificial death and resurrection, he returned to heaven. “No one comes to the Father except through [him].”—John 14:6.

• John

That verse in Matthew doesn't mean that all 3 are the same.

I have also tried to reason with people on this and many many other verses in the bible. All I get is senseless Trinitarian rhetoric.

ONE God and 3 functions !!!

GOD KNOWS THE END FROM THE BEGINNING

ISAIAH 46: 8-10

Remember this, keep it in mind,

take it to heart, you rebels.

Remember the former things, those of long ago;

I am God, and there is no other;

I am God, and there is none like me.

I make known the end from the beginning,

from ancient times, what is still to come.

I say, ‘My purpose will stand,

and I will do all that I please.

John 14:29 And now I have told you before it comes, that when it does come to pass, you may believe.

Did you know that you can't observe “my imaginary friend” with science because he is not within our domain?

God made Himself an example to all men by submitting to His Father by whom He was birthed in the womb by !!! What a humbling experience !!!

Then to become the sacrifical lamb on passover !!!

http://www.returntogod.com/Pamphlets/spr…

He will complete these at His 2nd coming !!!

http://www.returntogod.com/Pamphlets/fal…

1.Jesus claimed to be God - John 8:24; 8:56-59 (see Exodus 3:14); John 10:30-33

2.Jesus is called God - John 1:1,14; 20:28; Col. 2:9; Titus 2:13; Heb. 1:8

3.Jesus is the image of the invisible God - Heb. 1:3

4.Jesus abides forever - Heb. 7:24

5.Jesus created all things - John 1:1-3; Col. 1:15-17

6.Jesus is before all things - John 1:1-3; Col. 1:17;

7.Jesus is eternal - John 1:1,14; 8:58; Micah 5:1-2

8.Jesus is honored the same as the Father - John 5:23

9.Jesus is prayed to - Acts 7:55-60; 1 Cor. 1:2 with Psalm 116:4; (John 14:14)

10.Jesus is worshipped - Matt. 2:2,11; 14:33; John 9:35-38; Heb. 1:6

11.Jesus is omnipresent - Matt. 18:20; 28:20

12.Jesus is with us always - Matt. 28:20

13.Jesus is our only mediator between God and ourselves - 1 Tim. 2:5

14.Jesus is the guarantee of a better covenant - Heb. 7:22; 8:6

15.Jesus said, "I AM the Bread of Life" - John 6:35,41,48,51

16.Jesus said, "I AM the Door" - John 10:7,9

17.Jesus said, "I AM the Good Shepherd" - John 10:11,14

18.Jesus said, "I AM the Way the Truth and The Life" - John 14:6

19.Jesus said, "I AM the Light of the world" - John 8:12; 9:5; 12:46; Luke 2:32

20.Jesus said, "I AM the True Vine" - John 15:1,5

21.Jesus said, "I AM the Resurrection and the Life" - John 11:25

22.Jesus said, "I AM the First and the Last" - Rev. 1:17; 2:8; 22:13

23.Jesus always lives to make intercession for us - Heb. 7:25

24.Jesus cleanses from sin - 1 John 1:9

25.Jesus cleanses us from our sins by His blood - Rev. 1:5; Rom. 5:9

26.Jesus forgives sins - Matt. 9:1-7; Luke 5:20; 7:48

27.Jesus saves forever - Matt. 18:11; John 10:28; Heb. 7:25

28.Jesus discloses Himself to us - John 14:21

29.Jesus draws all men to Himself - John 12:32

30.Jesus gives eternal life - John 10:28; 5:40

31.Jesus resurrects - John 5:39; 6:40,44,54; 11:25-26

32.Jesus gives joy - John 15:11

33.Jesus gives peace - John 14:27

34.Jesus has all authority - Matt. 28:18; John 5:26-27; 17:2; 3:35

Dear God in heaven, I come to you in the name of Jesus. I acknowledge to You that I am a sinner, and I am sorry for my sins and the life that I have lived; I need your forgiveness.

I believe that your only begotten Son Jesus Christ shed His precious blood on the cross at Calvary and died for my sins, and I am now willing to turn from my sin.

You said in Your Holy Word, Romans 10:9 that if we confess the Lord our God and believe in our hearts that God raised Jesus from the dead, we shall be saved.

Right now I confess Jesus as the Lord of my soul. With my heart, I believe that God raised Jesus from the dead. This very moment I accept Jesus Christ as my own personal Savior and according to His Word, right now I AM SAVED !!!

I'm not all that versed with the bible, but I don't see the conflict.