Does race (ethnicity) play a role in me not getting a job?

I'm Hispanic and a recent college graduate under the information technology major with a Bachelor's degree. During my time there, I worked in three internships. After those three internships, I felt got enough experience to get a real job. I've been unemployed since August 26, 2011; where I worked in... show more I'm Hispanic and a recent college graduate under the information technology major with a Bachelor's degree. During my time there, I worked in three internships. After those three internships, I felt got enough experience to get a real job.

I've been unemployed since August 26, 2011; where I worked in my third and final internship. And day-by-day, week-after-week, I got nothing at all after applying to jobs, except that I got like four or five interviews already and still got nothing.

I understand we are still in a recession now but we are recovering. But what I'm going through is not good. I'm frustrated on why I'm not getting the call because I have the right qualifications and experience to meet job requirements. I redone my resume and it looked appropriate but yet, still the same.

But there's one thing in my mind of why I'm not getting a job... is racism playing a role of preventing me from working?

I know this may sound dumb to me but I'm not the type of thinks that everyone's being racist to me. In my three internships, none of that discrimination happened. The workers liked me there and they respected me.

While applying to jobs and thinking at the same time, they got this Equal Employment Opportunity in effect for a long time now. That means anyone no matter where they come from can join in and work along others. Almost in the end of each application, they ask your gender, race, and military experience. So I took the questionaire and submit it. I'm always not afraid to show my origin.

Here's this for example and it's real: I've been living in the Bronx for a long time now and I know people from elsewhere have certain opinions on how bad the Bronx is (in which the majority of it is true and some not). If you ask a Bronxite like me about the issue, they'll say that it's sort of bad to live there but the people, some, are nicer. I know that's true because I kow how the Bronx is.

I believe that me living in the Bronx and my Hispanic background may have to do with the issue of why I'm not getting the job. I understand certain companies wants to make sure that minorities are at a maturity and professional level; like I do all the time. But they have this EEO thing in effect and not complying? This is going to be a problem and I know people take action because they're not being treated right.

I'm not being serious about this but I'm thinking a bit of that's the reason why they don't want me.

If you're a person who's jobless like I am and seeing the reason, let me know in the comments. I apologize for this long detail but these are details that need to be exposed. Just saying.