Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens Β· 8 years ago

Seniors, paranormal, dogs, logic?

I had a career as a businessman. I was raised on logic. Here's what happened recently. My favorite boy dog was dying and I sat up with him all night. It was not easy and as much to comfort myself, I told him of my first dog, a female w/many of the same characteristics, loyal, courageous, smart. I told him that he should look for her after he passes on. He died in my office and 20 minutes later, the photo of my first dog fell. It was leaning against a wall, on top of a chest as it had been for 2 years. there was no bump or jolt and the 2 others pictures sitting in the same manner did not fall. Have you ever had anyhting like this happen? or heard such a thing from a reliable source?

@Jonds - it happened - it surely could have been a coincidence, or thought waves - or something else.. but I am not a kid wasting time

• LeRoy
    Favorite Answer

That's one of those dark and stormy night type stories. I had goosebumps go up my arms and back. I read the disbelief in a reply or two but also the sympathy and understanding in the replies of the majority. I'm with them. I've had dogs I loved every bit as much as I did the rest of my family and mourned them all as they passed. My best friend of all, a 16 y.o. cocker spaniel died three years ago and I still miss him terribly. I have a living wife but we haven't lived together for years and I'd like to go to the pound and get middle aged dog that no one wants but I don't feel as though I could live up to the responsibility of caring for a pet at my age and with my health problems. Anyway, google "Rainbow Bridge" and you'll find some answers.

• Speed

Now if it had fallen exactly at the same time your dog passed, it would have been spooky indeed. Still a coincidence, but spooky. Whether you look for a natural or a supernatural reason for it, you will find it because that is the way the brain works. The human brain seems to be compelled to make sense of things any way it can. The supernatural way is usually the easiest solution, and the natural way usually takes a lot more thought. I hope you find happiness in the path you choose, and can find this same compassion for those that choose a different path.

Hi there. You sound like a terrific person to care so much for your dog. Sharing a story about your female dog to yours sounds so sweet and your voice must have comforted your dying dog. I believe things like this happen for the reason that God wanted to comfort you. I had a friend whose mother passed. She had a front yard that was mainly rock. There was nothing growing along the front wall of the house by the door. Then one day, a couple of weeks after her mother passed, my friend came home from work and noticed a small plant in the ground by the door. It had never been there before and it was coming out from between the rocks. There was one single flower on it. It was her mother's favorite flower blooming as if it had been there for years. She stopped and cried and thanked God for giving her comfort. He's the creator of all things, of course He can do anything.

• -

I took in a stray cat when I lived in an apartment complex where pets weren't allowed. It had been abandoned by a previous resident who moved out. When the manager found out a year later we were ordered to get rid of her or move, so we moved. Several years later she got sick, ended up dying as I laid beside her one night, apparently she knew it was time and stumbled in the bathroom squalling. I put a blanket on the floor, laid down with my arm around her and talked to her till she died. Five days later in the morning I walked into that room and smelled the most beautiful scent of flowers and had a sense that it was some kind of sign...That little cat loved flowers. When we moved to the second apartment complex, each spring I planted a row of flowers alongside the patio. Every day I came home from work, she would beg to go outside first thing. She walked down the row of flowers and sniffed each one---impatiens, petunias, pansies, coleus, etc.. I also planted herbs, tomatoes, vines in containers that she would check out each day. This ritual would continue all summer long. In the winter I planted a huge red amaryllis flower, held it for her to smell. She put her whole face in the bloom and inhaled the scent. I have kept photos of the back of my apartment building with all the flowers and huge plants, she was dwarfed by the size of them. In the end I knew she appreciated those flowers even more than I realized.

So sorry for your loss of both of your dogs. I have had quite a few unexplained experiences such as you have. There was a time when I was not a believer in paranormal activity, but once you have experienced this you become a believer when there is no other explanation.

• Halia

Your best friend just gave you a glimpse into something you need to know. You have probably "poo-poo'd" the idea of animals (or maybe even humans,) having an afterlife.

Anyone who has really been owned by a pet and experienced the life and death of that pet, absolutely understands. He's still watching over you and does not want you to hurt.

• Lily

Sorry Spanky to hear of the loss of your dog.

Who's to say whether you're experiencing paranormal or logic, the one fact is that it happened to you so you have to make of it what you will.

Somethings like this though are beyond reason so try not to worry yourself about it and just be content with the fact that your dog isn't suffering anymore.

• sunny

I believe you and a similar thing happened to me when our 17 year old miniature schnauzer died. A few days later I was walking through the kitchen when I had to stop over her because she was laying in her favorite spot. I swear I saw her laying there.

• That was the message for you from your male dog to let you know that he found the female dog and all is doing well..so don't worry so, your dogs are in peace in the animals heaven..anything is possible..sorry for your loss..=)

Regardless of the reason, you honored both the passing and true loss. Accept it and feel blessed to have compassion for all.