Mongo
Lv 4
Mongo asked in SportsAuto RacingNASCAR · 9 years ago

Why did it take Jeff Gordon 3 mos before he started whining about Tony Stewart's success during the 2011 chase?

Jeff said "I'm a believer in momentum, but not in momentum where you weren't able to win a race to all of a sudden you win five of the 10 final races and the championship," Gordon said. "There's more to it than just momentum."

Brian France and Rick Hendrick has been doing this for years. Why is Jeff Gordon starting to complain about it now?

Update 2:

I would say that Jeff Gordon turning to his crew chief and suggesting he needs to *crack the whip* is whining and pure jealousy, the same jealousy he had when he mentioned on tv a few years back that if Dale Jr won the championship that the other drivers may not even exist. NASCAR heard his whines and started tightening down on Dale Jr. making up rules and fines that didn't exist for any other driver. He's pulling the same thing with Tony now. It's pure jealousy and he's wanting NASCAR to hear him. That's the reason he worded it the way he did.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Ummm his feelings are hurt because Tonys team cheats better than his!?

• 9 years ago

Perhaps someone just asked him about it.That is why he chose to discuss it now. I did not take it that Jeff thought Tony was going outside of what is fair, and just, and legal. He seemed to be saying they may have hit on something that wasn't written down to be shared with the other drivers. Which I am sure could be true about all Crew Chiefs and Drivers.

My belief is that Tony put his mind to winning and things started clicking. He believed in himself and by trying to mess with Carl's mind he became stronger in his belief of himself. Being positive is a good thing.

No disrespect but you whine every week if not more often, so a Driver actually in the Sport should be able to speak their mind every once in a while. You know the old saying believe nothing of what you read and only half of what you see.

Looking forward to a Great Racing Season!!!!

• Truth
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

maybe jeff meant that Tony's team was sand bagging and not do there best till the final 10 races.. but that is the chase.. just make it in the chase in 26 then win the championship in the last 10 .. I hate the chase..needs more short tracks and a road course..

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Brian France and Rick Hendrick, "have" been. Not "has been".

Jeff Gordon is one of the greatest NASCAR drivers in the history of the sport.

He's entitled to whine a little bit if he wants to

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Jeff Gordon is an egotistical whining bytch...and he never let's go of any perceived slight and will bring it up 10 years later.

No one can cheat but him didn't you know?

• Tbone
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Or he simply means there was more then momentum such as driver skill, great engineering, team leadership, dedication, good crew chief, good car chief, good team morale, two good owners and some luck??????? Stop looking over your shoulders man there's no conspiracy and no one is out to get you. Paranoia kills.

• Got tired of JR bashing huh? but just a heads up, JG aint the one to go bashing on, guys got 4 and still has what it takes to get more.

• 9 years ago

Why have you waited all winter to start crying about Gordon?

• 9 years ago

publicity going into the new season

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.