are there historical texts about the solomon's temple?

I know today in Jerusalem the temple of Herod the great there are pieces of this temple and this temple is under the dome of the rock and the only wall that survives it's the western wall but are there historical texts besides the Bible in Israel or the archeology has found tracks about the Solomon's temple withour look at the temple of Herod?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Shay p
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Solomon's Temple according to Josephus Flavius

War of the Jews - BOOK 5, CH. 5

A DESCRIPTION OF THE TEMPLE.

1. NOW this temple, as I have already said, was built upon a strong hill. At first the plain at the top was hardly sufficient for the holy house and the altar, for the ground about it was very uneven, and like a precipice; but when king Solomon, who was the person that built the temple, had built a wall to it on its east side, there was then added one cloister founded on a bank cast up for it, and on the other parts the holy house stood naked.

But in future ages the people added new banks, (12) and the hill became a larger plain.

http://templemountlocation.com/triplegat%E2%80%A6

Who was Josephus Flavius

http://www.livius.org/jo-jz/josephus/jos%E2%80%A6

• anvil
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

The erudite answer by Shay p should suffice.

Martin however was apparently not able to read and understand Shay p's reply in the short 9 hours before his inane comments were submitted.He questions if King Solomon or the Hebrew Bible exists.

This reflects his base lack of respect for things that are holy to many millions of believers.

Besides there is also the archaeological evidence of which he is also unaware.(See source below.)

I fear that he is way out of his depth,and should return to comic books.

His repeated use of the term "joos"either indicated his disrupted English education by Grade 3,or his use of the term as a form of slur.His foolish disrespect fails either way.

Source(s): Archeology and the Bible by Mordecai Becher.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Yes, of course there are.

They are part of the Tanakh.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

what is the "solomon temple"? and who the **** is solomon? why do joos keep dreaming about virtual things?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.