Do you think the Rich aren't paying their fair share? or do you think they pay too much already?

According to the Internal Revenue Service’s 2010 report, the top 1% of income earners earns 20% of the nation’s yearly income, while paying a 38% share of the nation’s income taxes. The bottom 50% of income earners earns 12.75% of the nation’s yearly income, while paying only 2.70% share of the income taxes. This shows the wealthiest pay a disproportionately larger share of income taxes compared to how much they earn. While the poor pay only a small percentage compared to their earnings.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • kitkat
    Lv 6
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

I think we all pay too much (except for those who pay none)..and who gets to decide what the fair share is going to be?

• You have it wrong.

First of all, the top 1% doesn't "earn" their money. They receive money from their investments. They own things and they exploit workers for their own selfish gain and they hoard the capital to insure they stay on top. Their money comes from Capital gains and Dividends which are taxed at roughly 17%.

The working class (those of us who punch a time-card or are payed a salary) actually EARN their money by providing a service. They are rewarded with a 35% tax.

You tell me who pays more. Which is larger 17% or 35%???

It's pretty obvious the rich have not paid their fair share.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I think that the 'progressive' income tax is bogus and there should be a flat tax of no more than 10% on individual income and ALL should be required to pay it.

When the revenue runs out, the federal government stops spending and goes home (a true Utopia). That way they have to make due with what they have and prioritize spending (within the constraints of the US Constitution).

• Gungy
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

What's a lib to do.....they already have the bottom 50% paying next to nothing.

Oh come on thumb downers.....ya' ever face 100% of the facts instead of making conclusions based on 10% political spin?

===> "Top 10% pays over 70% of every tax dollar the IRS collects. ---- http://www.ntu.org/tax-basics/who-pays-income-taxe...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • orlow
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

as long as wealth keeps to be targeted in few and much less hands, the tax equipment isn't honest. the percentages of components (earnings after a 300 and sixty 5 days) interior the hands of center (forty-60% of gross earnings families) to economically properly off human beings 60-80% of gross earnings) ought to strengthen or a minimal of stay a similar, in spite of the undeniable fact that it relatively is shrinking and the richest 10% is turning out to be.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

They pay too much.

There needs to be a FLAT TAX or a FAIR TAX. I'm sick of paying when almost 50% of Americans pay nothing at all.

Obama is using Class Warfare for VOTES.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

What you have to realize is there is so a bigger picture and agenda that is so hidden and so corrupt that the corrupt media or mainstream media will not cover. Russian Television news or RT news and the Alex Jones show as well as the Drudge report or one of the few people putting real news out there that is not biased. Look up the Rothchilds family, Elite globalists on you tube you will see the overall agenda and picture. It is very scary. Oh by the way as an american it is your right to know that Barry Soetoro his real name is Barrack Obama our president who is not really even elligible to be president of the United States, your an american it's your right to know the mainstream media, Cnn, Fox, Cbs, Abc, Msnbc, nbc, all major news affiliates wont tell you that look it up only if you want to or if its important to you other wise I hope I helps

• 8 years ago

Yet Liberals will not put a figure on what they think they should be paying! Not even Congress can give a number! What should it be Liberals and how much should the middle and lower class pay in taxes??

• 8 years ago

Lets do away with the income tax and impose tariffs instead. That would stop slave labor around the world. At least it would reduce it. If Nike and Apple goes out of business oh well too bad. Maybe they should stop being slave masters.

Just because they own slaves in other countries don't mean that these rich fags should get away with it.

• lo
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

End the Bush tax cuts.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.