Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 8 years ago

I don't understand, why do Sunnis hate Shias?

Can't we all just get along?

• Hassan
    Favorite Answer

when will we get over these sects?????

I am sick and tired of all this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well we don't necessarily hate each other.

I'm a Sunni and yes I find Shias a little strange.

From a Sunnis view we dislike Shias because of what they do at Rabi-Ul-Awal. They hit themselves with chains and stuff which is them reacting the deaths of the Prophets (PBUH). But as it continuously says in the Quran we are not worthy to be at the same level as them yet the Shias react how they were killed?

To us Sunnis it makes no sense as to why they do this. That's how we see it.

I do not have a problem with Shia's and in fact I have a shia friend. With any group in this world, there will always be the ignorant as the minor and as an affect would affect the Majorities reputation..Please stop assuming, if u ever want to know the truth go to the source and step away from the TV lol

I just want to say that there is a specific Hadith saying that in the end Islam instead of being one 1 united religion, will be divided in 64+/- groups and only 1 of those will enter heaven.

Therefore I suggest you label yourself as a muslim rather than ''sunni'' or ''shia''. After all, wasn't our beloved Prophet (pbuh) a MUSLIM?

I'm Sunni & I don't hate Shias.

Most of the fight between Sunni & Shia are for political reasons.

shia and sunni need to talk with respect and understand each other and accept each other even with different views.

we have common enemies.

ENEMY OF MY ENEMY IS MY FRIEND

if Wahhabism leave shia and sunni alone they are fiends and have no problem.

the only problem is wahhabism.

The major difference, however, is between Wahabis/Salafists and both Sunnis and Shias. Wahabis/Salafists are the ones who comprise Al-Qaeda members, found mostly around Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Afghanistan and elsewhere. they are pretty much, the Muslim version of the Evangelical church; only, if they're not kept under control, they can get dangerous. Salafists are the ones who are sniper-shooting Syrians and doing suicide-bombings around Syria and Iraq.

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) has two famous sayings about truth:

1) *** the Judaism nation after Moses (PBUH) became 71 sect that 70 of them are in Hell and 1 in Heaven and Christianity nation after Jesus (PBUH) became 72 sect that 71 of them are in Hell and 1 in Heaven and Islam nation after prophet become 73 sect that 72 of them are in Hell and 1 in Heaven. ***

2) *** Truth is with Ali and Ali is with Truth ***

[en.sahih] O Messenger, announce that which has been revealed to you from your Lord, and if you do not, then you have not conveyed His message. And Allah will protect you from the people. Indeed, Allah does not guide the disbelieving people. ‌[5:67]

[en.sahih] And We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], the Book in truth,

... Had Allah willed, He would have made you one nation [united in religion], but [He intended] to test you in what He has given you; so race to [all that is] good. To Allah is your return all together, and He will [then] inform you concerning that over which you used to differ. ‌[5:48]

no need to know all the sects.

only know and follow Ali (sa)

(here is text limit, please read rest here:)

http://pastebin.com/4eGMQmWV

***

http://al-islam.org/

http://makarem.ir/

http://www.duas.org/

http://tatbir.org/?page_id=98

• Noor

We don't hate the shias, after all we are all Muslims, it's just like Christians N catholic at the end their all Christians right?

• As a sunni I don't hate shias.

I respect the decision of shias following what they are following. Live and let live as long as your views are not imposed on me I am happy. That's what we muslims must learn commenting about what someone is following, disrespecting their beliefs is a horrible crime.

In these difficult times we must unite.

Cheers.

We dont have to hate each other, we are all brothers and sisters.

Our Allah is 1

Our Kalimah is 1

Our Qur'an is 1

Our Rasool is 1

Our Ka'aba is 1

And Our Ummah is ONE.

We should love each other, answer ech other questions politel.

Remember UNITED WE STAND AND DISUNITED WE FALL.

WE are all ONE

Shia + Sunni = Brothers and sisters

No one hates them in this section. In fact they are loved in this section even more than us Kaffirs.

Source(s): //
  • ...

I wouldn't hate someone for their views in life - it's their choice what they want to follow, so long as it doesn't hurt/affect others.

I'm a Sunni Muslim and I love all Muslims & Non-Muslims, as long as they respect me, they will get respect back.

People often forget that Allah is the Judge, so they themselves start judging and 'hating on' others for silly reasons, such as differences in views.

It's kind of ironic how muslims hate on each other when they have differing views; Islam teaches respect, tolerance and Freedom of Choice to follow what you want; there is no compulsion in religion, yet it seems many muslims like to force others into certain ideas or insult them for their views, when Islam is clearly against these actions.

May Allah guide us all, and unite the Muslim Ummah as one, Ameen.

Peace & Love!

Salam alaykum :)