I need a recipe for peppercorn sauce without using alcohol.?

Nothing else to add really, I want to cook fillet steaks and I need a recipe for a sauce that does not contain alcohol. My favourite sauce is peppercorn sauce so if anyone has any alcohol free recipes it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Update:

Sorry Roy what you say is not true, not all the alcohol disappears during cooking. If you served it to an AA member you would be doing them a great disservice, I should know - I am one and I never take alcohol in any form nor use alcohol in any form. Why risk it! Alcohol kills.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Steak with Creamy Peppercorn Sauce

3 tb Whole black peppercorns,

1 1/2 ts White pepper

4 New York strip steaks (12 oz

1 ts Salt

1/4 c Butter or margarine, melted

1/4 c Worcestershire sauce

1 ts Hot pepper sauce

1/4 c Half and half

Combine peppercorns and pepper; rub over both sides of steak. Chill for 1 hour. Sprinkle the salt in a large skillet; heat on high until salt begins to brown. Add steaks and sear on both sides. Add butter; reduce heat to medium-high. Cook steaks for 1-2 minutes on each side. Add Worcestershire and hot pepper sauce; cook each side 2-3 minutes more or until meat is done as desired. Remove steaks and keep warm. Add cream to the skillet; cook and stir until smooth. Serve over steaks.

• 4 years ago

4 eggs Peppercorn ranch dressing 1 teaspoon of milk 1 tablespoon of salt Lemon rind a pinch of sugar Mix all together with an electric beater! YOU ARE DONE! :)

• PD
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Jeez, recovering alcoholics and their misinformation. Alcohol DOES NOT kill. Any more than a gun kills or a car kills. Mishandling of said things kills. Sorry you can't handle alcohol, but the majority of us can.

• 8 years ago

Just omit the alcohol

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

WHY NO AL it dissipates when cooking...tenderizes...etc...if serving to an aaa member it would have no effect except mental if told al was in it

Source(s): ...uncle AL
  • 8 years ago

Schwarzkopf do a really nice one in a packet

• Lynne
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

Use chicken or beef stock instead

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

peppercorn pizza.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.