What steps can an Heir take if a home with a reverse mortgage is being foreclosed on?

Update: I'm sorry I should have been more clear. The owner has passed away. The executor is looking for options. I believe they have an extension but I'm not sure how long. I guess I'm just wondering if there are any new laws that would apply to reverse mortgages. I've looked online and couldn't... show more I'm sorry I should have been more clear. The owner has passed away. The executor is looking for options. I believe they have an extension but I'm not sure how long. I guess I'm just wondering if there are any new laws that would apply to reverse mortgages. I've looked online and couldn't find any. thanks for the help
Update 2: Thank you all for the info.
Update 3: MRA - Thank you so much for the additional information. I will pass it along to my New York family.