How do you assign user defined elements to an array in C++?

I'm stuck with this piece of my programming homework because I dont know how to assign user defined elements to an array. Do I use a cin.get() loop using 'for'? if yes, how? Here is the piece of the question I am havin trouble with: 11.) Create a member function called promptAndInsert. This function... show more I'm stuck with this piece of my programming homework because I dont know how to assign user defined elements to an array. Do I use a cin.get() loop using 'for'? if yes, how? Here is the piece of the question I am havin trouble with:

11.) Create a member function called promptAndInsert. This function should prompt the user to enter a specific number of values from the keyboard and using a for loop, input each of them into either myIntArray or myArrayCopy.

Thankyou for your help!!
Update: ok my code would look something like MyList::promptAndInsert(int array, int number) //the first parameter specifies to which array (of two choices) the numbers //will be assigned to and the second parameter how many values will be entered by the user. switch(array) {case '1': default: for (int a = 0; a show more ok my code would look something like

MyList::promptAndInsert(int array, int number)
//the first parameter specifies to which array (of two choices) the numbers
//will be assigned to and the second parameter how many values will be entered by the user.

switch(array)
{case '1':
default:
for (int a = 0; a
Update 2: sorry about that, incomplete^^ ok my code would look something like MyList::promptAndInsert(int array, int number) //the first parameter specifies to which array (of two choices) the numbers //will be assigned to and the second parameter how many values will be entered by the user. switch(array) {case... show more sorry about that, incomplete^^

ok my code would look something like

switch(array)
{case '1':
default:
for (int a = 0; a
Update 3: WOW seems like YAHOO doesnt want to enter my full code
anyways, hope you guys can get the idea :)
thankyou
Update 4: can i see an example of the loop code please?