SSD Lifespan.....................?

I know SSD is too expensive but it is really worth it and what is the lifespan of an SSD?

I'm thinking WD VelociRaptor instead of SSD,I'm currently gathering parts for my X79 based gaming pc

Favorite Answer

I just looked at a ssd by OCZ at Newegg.com. It has a lifespan of 2,000,000 hours. Some other ssd's say 1,000,000 hours. SSD's have no moving parts and are solid state so they last a very long time. I have a ssd in my desktop and they are great. They are faster than the VelociRaptor. You can get a 120GB ssd and a 500GB 7200rpm hdd and use them together, just use the ssd for games and Windows7. Windows7 will automatically configure it for you.

Source(s): pc builder and hobbiest

SSD no moving parts, WD velociraptor although a good HDD is 10,000 rpm spindle drive, is bound to have a shorter life span, theoretically. I would look at a REVO drives which are SSD, but plug into a PCI-E slot so you have no more bottleneck SATA drives, they are expensive at the moment but they will come down. Down side you need a motherboard with multiple PCI-E slots or an inter grated graphics card, which can bump up the price? Even the Velociraptor is a bit on the pricey side, a 7200 rpm drive won't make much difference?

Source(s): http://www.ocz.com IT Tech