After applying for FAFSA, do I have to apply for TAP?

• KAK
    Favorite Answer

Applying for TAP

Tips for Completing Your

TAP-on-the-Web Application

Please keep in mind the following tips when completing your online TAP application:

Your TAP-on-the-Web application cannot be processed until your FAFSA is complete.

TAP awards are not processed until the NYS Budget is passed, which is typically on or after April 1 of each year.

If you miss the TAP link after finishing the FAFSA, you must wait 3 business days, until your FAFSA data is received by HESC, before completing your TAP-on-the-Web application.

The TAP-on-the-Web application has space for only one school code. Usually it's the first New York State school you named on your FAFSA.

When you decide on the school you will attend, please remember to update your TAP application with the name of that school if it's different from the one you included originally.

First, Apply Online for Federal Aid

The TAP application process begins with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). HESC will use the FAFSA as part of your online TAP application.

Start your online FAFSA by clicking on the quick link at the bottom of the page.

Next, Complete Your Online TAP Application

After completing your FAFSA, begin your online TAP application immediately using the link on your FAFSA Confirmation Page, or by using the quick link at the bottom of most pages on HESC.org.

At the start of the process, you will be prompted to get a HescPIN (Personal Identification Number). You will use your HescPIN to "sign" your TAP application, check its status or make changes.

Once you have your HescPIN, complete your online TAP application. Information from your FAFSA and your family's calculated NYS net taxable income will be pre-filled on your online TAP application. Follow the instructions provided.

Source(s): I googled your question and the answer is above.
  • ?

Fafsa Tap

Apply For Tap

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): applying fafsa apply tap: https://shortly.im/TbKXa

KAS give you great info. Please choose that answer as best.

If you are a resident of the state of New York but do not plan on attending a college/university in the state, which is considered eligible for TAP funding, you do not need to apply for TAP (Tuition Assistance Program, state of New York.)

Best wishes

Source(s): Former college administrator

Isn't TAP stand for tax avoidance program? There is too many repeat non-filers who wait 3 years and get all thier refunds at once. Nice if you want to save up for a vacation.

personally, I file my taxes around the middle of April

I want my refund check for summer

Source(s): summer is when I spend the most