Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 8 years ago

Looking for a fantasy book to read that involves good old fashioned sword and sorcery?

I don't want anything like Harry Potter or Percy Jackson that takes place in modern times. Already read LOTR ofcourse.

Favorite Answer

The Kingkiller Chronicle trilogy by Patrick Rothfus (More "sorcery", less swords)

The Way of Kings series and Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson (Not really "sorcery" but a lot of swords and awesome magic systems.)

Demon Cycle trilogy by Peter V Brett (No sorcery but we've got spears.)

Night Angel trilogy by Brent Weeks

The First Law series by Joe Abercrombie

• aida

Do you know Katherine Kurtz's Deryni series? They're set in an imaginary kingdom based on medieval Wales, and the basic premise is that some of the people there (the Deryni) have hereditary supernatural powers, which cause them to be feared by most ordinary people. The first book in the series, Deryni Rising, was published in the 1970s, and there's at least one more to be published in the near future. They deal with two related sets of recurring characters, and the author hasn't yet made explicitly clear HOW those two sets are related. I'm looking forward to the next installment!

Got it! I have the exact same taste. I loved this new book and found it totally by accident. Never even heard of the author and then realised that the book just came out a few days ago. Anyway, it is so good and I'm usually pretty critical of a lot of crappy writing. Anyway Hi! Based on what you wrote, I think you would like the new series that I just started. It's fantasy/adventure/mystery and the story is great! I found it on kindle but if you don't have one you can download a kindle reader for FREE for your pc and read books on your computer. Just google "kindle for pc"

Anyway, the first volume is titled: HEWN (ultimate Fantasy series by J. G. Cuff) and if you want to copy and paste the link here, it'll take you right to the page and you can preview the book for free! Good luck! Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/HEWN-Ultimate-Fantasy-Series...

Trudi Canavan - Black Magician Trilogy

Christopher Paolini - Inheritance Cycle

Hope these are helpful?

fantasy book realizable and also online you can red your desired one