is australia real? the country?

in army class las week we got told about some country called australia, Pt J Frank said it was a country down south were everyone wore hats n caled there barbeqes barbys, the rest of the class laughd but the only country down south i know is south carolina, i felt bad that i dint get the joke - is australia a real coutnry or was my Private just lying and it was maybe Austria that country in europe?

PS SEMPER FI

• Mark
    Best Answer

"Oi Mate!" I live in AUSTRALIA. ... Australia Definitely IS a Country Way Down South, so far south, that Your Confederate Southern States are all to our NORTH !! .... Australia is an island continent. In area, it can fit the USA into it & also all of Europe can fit into Australia. .... The state I live in is Victoria. It is the smallest of the mainland states. Yet,, Victoria can fit 3 Englands into it! ... The Largest Political Electorate in the World, is in Australia. It is called "Kalgoorlie" & has an area of Over 2.2 Million square kilometers! ... In the Northern Territory, it is true that any farm less than 1,000 square miles is called a "hobby farm". .... An' yeah,, we really do talk as though our mouths are shut, & in a single monotone drawl. Barbecues are Really called "Barby's", & only people who think they are better than everyone else say "bar-b-cue". The wide brimmed hats bit with the corks on them, is all "B/S", & are only made for Tourists to buy & wear! The Wide brimmed hat, is rarely worn in the cities, except by a few people trying to pretend to be "cowboys". ..... Where I live though, on the Gateway to the Outback,, it's so dry & hot & dusty here that a hat is necessary! (unless you like your brains getting sunburnt! ... We measure temperature in Celsius these days. ... In the cities, they think that 30+ C. is hot. Where I live,, we regard it as being "just a warm day" until it hits 40 C. When the temperature gets Over 45 C. Then we start to say that it's a hot day! ... (& it has even got up to or just over 50 C. Way way back!! .............. Farmers down here call the kangaroos, "grass hoppers". (I bet Texas don't get grasshoppers that big.) ........... Look,, If you want to know about Australia,, "Ask an AUSTRALIAN" !

Source(s): I'm an Australia, I live in Australia, ....... So I reckon I might know more about Australia, than your American teacher, wouldn't you say? ...... "Oi,, tell him for me, he's a bluddy drongo." See what he says. (or does, be prepared to Duck! )

Ye its a country in the sourhern hemisphere and is huge you should know about it look on a globe or a map and by the way south carolina is in the northern hemisphere

Source(s): Maps and globes, common sense

Of course it's a real country what's wrong with you. Have you been loving under a rock.

An "army class" attendee would not say "Semper Fi".

No, it's not real. It's a USA conspiracy

• Jacques2 years agoReport

I think you might have to realise how wrong you are. I am pretty darn sure that if it was a so called "conspiracy" then don't you think it would be a global conspiracy? plus you a wrong, it is real, take a look at the word map, google maps or even google earth.

No it's not real I think your private was lying to you, he definantly ment Carolina

NOOOOOO WAY. I HAVENT HEARD OF THAT.

JUST THE KOALAS AND KANGAROOS ARE REAL.

no its not its a massive conspiracy by the U.S. government

you should go back to trolling school. this was just weird.