Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 8 years ago

Gulf of Mexico or Gulf of America?

Apparently anti Mexican sentiment is so strong in Mississippi they feel the need to rename the gulf of Mexico into the Gulf of America. What do you think about it? I think its like freedom fries all over gain

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

Nothing is going to change. It's already on millions of maps and just because rednecks have some racial issues doesn't mean where going to change the name of it. It will stay as Gulf of Mexico.

• 8 years ago

I don't think they will change the gulf’s name, The name is Gulf of Mexico and it will be as it is.

After that they will say "let's build a wall in the Gulf of Mexico-Mississippi border" no more mexican waves in the Mississippi territory. lol

I'm mexican (living in Mexico not living in USA) and I use both Gulf of California and Sea of Cortez, but the correct is Gulf of California because is a gulf and the name Mar de Cortés (Sea of Cortez) was used by spaniards when they didn't know the californian peninsula wasn't an island. The name "Gulf of California" is for the Mexican Californias (Baja California & Baja California Sur) not for California USA

Source(s): Mexico and mexicans
  • 8 years ago

Gulf of Mexico.

• 8 years ago

If you think THAT'S bad, consider this:

Americans call it the 'Gulf of California.'

But Mexicans call it the 'Sea of Cortez.'

And it's entirely surrounded by Mexico, so why don't we call it what the Mexicans call it? But no, we have to name it after California.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Lefty
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

I like the name as it is..then what...rename New Mexico?

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I think this is one of the stupidest countries to ever publicize itself. The amazing thing is that they for some reason are proud of their idiocy

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

persian gulf

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Jesus Loves You

Jesus Loves You

Jesus Loves You

<---->MY USER NAME

<---->MY USER NAME

<---->MY USER NAME

<---->MY USER NAME

<---->MY USER NAME

Jesus Loves You

Jesus Loves You

Jesus Loves You

Jesus Loves You

Jesus Loves You

Jesus Loves You

Jesus Loves You

Jesus Loves You

Jesus Loves You

Jesus Loves You

Jesus Loves You

Jesus Loves You

Jesus Loves You

Jesus Loves You

MY USER NAME ROCKS BECAUSE I AM

THE REAL JESUS CHRIST. I LOVE YOU.

SEE YOU IN HEAVEN.

Source(s): Jesus Loves You Jesus Loves You Jesus Loves You <---->MY USER NAME <---->MY USER NAME <---->MY USER NAME <---->MY USER NAME <---->MY USER NAME Jesus Loves You Jesus Loves You Jesus Loves You Jesus Loves You Jesus Loves You Jesus Loves You Jesus Loves You Jesus Loves You Jesus Loves You Jesus Loves You Jesus Loves You Jesus Loves You Jesus Loves You Jesus Loves You MY USER NAME ROCKS BECAUSE I AM THE REAL JESUS CHRIST. I LOVE YOU. SEE YOU IN HEAVEN.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.