Why do Muslim women dress up like ninjas?

If I dressed up like Japanese samurai all the time, people will laugh and bully me and can never be accepted to society.

So why so some Muslims women dress up like ninjas and get angry when they get mistreated because of their dress???

I know it's their freedom and all, but people feel very uncomfortable dealing with people in ninja suit.

23 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

they seem to be completely unaware that everybody is naked under their tablecloths, just like we're all naked under our Levi jeans.

I'm sure they must know that I know what a naked woman looks like, and the ninja outfit doesn't really keep me from imagining them naked if I wanted to.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Womens Ninja Suit

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

They don't. Ninjas dressed like ordinary feudal Japanese peasants in order to blend into the crowd.

The iconic ninja outfit is ACTUALLY the outfit of the stage hands from Japanese theatre during the Edo period. Viewers learned to ignore the stage hands, because they weren't actors in the play. They were just behind the scenes guys who wore dark jumpsuits to be more inconspicuous because "backstage" wasn't a place yet. So when theatres wanted to portray the legendary masters of stealth and invisibility known as ninjas, they had the actors playing ninjas dress exactly the same as the stage hands so the audience would ignore them. . . until they suddenly jumped out and "killed" one of the other characters!

Source(s): Now you know. And knowing is half the battle!
  • 9 years ago

This question is very obviously a trolling attempt, but it's just rude. The hijab is more Islamic, which is just the covering of the hair, but mostly tied to Arab culture due to their sexual view of the hair (which is a very old idea, but it's been around in Arab culture for a long time, as it is so beautiful it was thought to seduce men). It became an Islamic idea, as it was supposed to keep women away from being viewed as sexual objects. It was more of a man-made rule than a Qur'anic rule. The burqa and niqab are more tribal symbols, which pre-date Islam. It's something cultural that is not something that you should mock. Many women do face discrimination beyond what your patriarchal and sarcastic self could ever understand, especially Muslim women. So please cut the disrespect and educate yourself before making such rude comments.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

salaam, its not intentional, but i'm sure you knew that already. ultimately it makes a statement about a woman's devotion to God and to maintaining a humble and modest heart (men are also given rules for hijab, otherwise known as modest dressing). islam teaches that we should care more about our faith than outer beauty and fashion. niqab are a form of clothing some muslim women wear. there are a variety of levels and styles regarding dressing modestly in islam. niqab were worn by the female relatives of muhammad's family, peace be upon the prophet. it was partly so that there faces wouldn't show and they wouldn't be harassed by those who didn't like the prophet. supposedly there are people who wear it to control lust in men, but i've never met a woman who wears it for that reason. yet in islam, there are boundaries respected between men and women and wearing niqab helps a woman express that her mind and heart should matter more than her physical appearance. there are some that believe its a requirement and there are some that choose to wear it. it tends to lead people to believe women are oppressed. in a couple countries that's true, but overall, its a choice women make on their own. and it tends to create a sense of liberation for many niqabis.

• 9 years ago

I do not not think the American Muslims dress in a burqua or headscarf. I know some Muslims and they can strut in tight pants/leggings along with the rest of non-religious women, if not more. I was raised UPC Christian where we are required to wear skirts with no exceptions (hell), no makeup (really do not like it much), no open toes shoes, preferably no red, no nail polish, no Jewelry, watches & wedding rings. One was very self conscious of looking immodest. I no longer attend this denomination, yet rarely wear pants.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

The Real Reason Why Women Have to Wear the Hijab

If you ask a Muslim why Muslim females wears the Hijab (veil) the reason given is usually one of two (or a mixture of both):

They are showing obeying a command from Allah as given in the Quran; it is a matter of piety.

They are protecting their modesty by dressing this way instead of showing their body off for everyone to see.

Nothing could be further from the truth. The real reason that Muslim women wear the hijab today is not a spiritual one, nor a matter of piety. Covering the hair/face cannot be considered an act of modesty because Muslim men are not required to cover theirs.

The sole reason they do it is because Umar bin Al-Khattab, a companion of Muhammad, wished that Muhammad would reveal verses from Allah requiring women to wear it. When Muhammad did not oblige, Umar did not bother praying to Allah for assistance.

Umar knew he had to make it personal for Muhammad himself in order to bring the revelation down. He followed Muhammad's wives out when they went to go to the toilet and made his presence known. When Muhammad heard of this, the revelation that Umar had so wanted was sent down from Allah. Umar knew where these revelations were really coming from, which is why he pestered Muhammad and bothered his wives instead of asking Allah.

• c3pnis
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

When they are mistreated because of their dress, it's because they're NOT dressed up like ninjas.

I just had an epiphany:

This is such a great idea, only they should have to dress like slave Layah in Return of the Jedi...

• 7 years ago

Umm because virgin mary - peace be upon her - wore the veil or hijab and muslim women believe she's one of the most influential religious women on earth

• ?
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

They dress up like that because it is a way of dressing modest. Like how Virgin Mary, Catholic nuns, Easter and Russian Orthodox, etc.

Jews also practice the head covering. Although, the face covering in Islam, it's traditional and cultural. Just to cover the hair.

Women are so beautiful, especially the dark-skinned Middle Eastern women. They are to cover up if they don't like the males flaunting over their beauty! It is a personal choice, if they choose to practice piety and patience. It is a formal way of dressing in public. After all, women are the most beautiful creatures of GOD! Alllahu-Akbar!

• 5 years ago

because they are unintelligent followers of primitive ideologies that dont have a mind of their own to realize how stupid they look

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.