Married to a Muslim man - wanting to convert to Islam?

Hi, I'm married to a nice Muslim man. It did cause controversy in my family as well as his. I am not sure of my own religion but I do come from a practicing Christian family. We've been married for a little longer than a year. I'm 20 and the reason I married young was because my husband isn't... show more Hi,

I'm married to a nice Muslim man. It did cause controversy in my family as well as his. I am not sure of my own religion but I do come from a practicing Christian family. We've been married for a little longer than a year. I'm 20 and the reason I married young was because my husband isn't allowed to date. But we were sure that we wanted to be with each other.

In the times I spent with him, I think I've been influenced by my husband. He's never forced me to convert to his own religion, Islam, but I am finding that I am drifting away from Christianity to Islam. I didn't tell my husband about this but I am unsure of whether I should.

The bigger controversy is that my mother would never accept me if I converted to Islam. She's already been having a difficult time accepting my marriage to a Muslim man. He's taught me a few practices of Islam and taught me a few Arabic phrases which I do know now! However I want to convert to Islam and am having a hard time coming out about it, especially to my own husband.

Can anyone please help me regarding this issue?