The Stag Arms AR-15 Model 3 ???? Anyone have any experience or opinions on this rifle?

Ok folks tis the season and the tax return fairy is soon to pay a visit to my bank account (according to my tax guy anyway- wee will see!). So with that in mind and knowing how much I am supposed to be getting back I am looking into getting a new gun-an AR 15 in fact. I have done much research on the subject and have narrowed my choice down to the Stag Arms model 3 with the plus package and the factory flip ups front and rear sights (two hundred extra). I plan to add either an ACOG or EOTech next year, I haven’t decided which yet. The plus package costs a hundred buck more but I think its worth the extra money. Please see the attached web links for more details

http://www.stagarms.com/product_info.php?cPath=13_...

http://www.stagarms.com/information.php?info_id=13

So that all having been said I was wondering what all of my fellow law abiding gun owners on here thought of Stag Arms, their Model 3 variant and the whole plus package deal. Any advice you all could provide me with would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

G2340

Favorite Answer

Stag receivers can be really tight with Pmags...so I hope you like metal mags.

In my particular case not only will Pmags not drop free but it takes quite a bit of effort to get them out. I had this happen with a build i did with a Stag receiver and after doing a little research i found out this is a pretty common trait with Stag.

Not a huge deal but just something you should be aware of.

• murtha

Stag Model 3

Stag Arms Model 3

• Mr.357

I don't know anything about Stag Arms. You don't really need a chrome lined barrel if you don't shoot corrosive ammo. Some people claim that the chrome lined barrel is less accurate than steel barrels. The 4150 steel barrels have a nasty habit of exploding if you get them red hot, let them cool down, and them shoot through them again. It should not be a problem with semi-auto. The 1:7 twist should not cost any extra. M4 feed ramps should be standard. $895 including the plus package would not be bad, but $995 for the plus package is somewhat expensive. If you want an accurate rifle, get one with a free float hand guard.

While I have experience with the AR-15 platform rifle I have none with Stag Arms in particular. That being said. In my opinion It's worth the 100 extra for the chrome lined barrel and the 1:7 twist which will facilitate the stability of a heavier bullet if you intend to hunt with this weapon at a later date.