promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

The Stag Arms AR-15 Model 3 ???? Anyone have any experience or opinions on this rifle?

Ok folks tis the season and the tax return fairy is soon to pay a visit to my bank account (according to my tax guy anyway- wee will see!). So with that in mind and knowing how much I am supposed to be getting back I am looking into getting a new gun-an AR 15 in fact. I have done much research on the subject and have narrowed my choice down to the Stag Arms model 3 with the plus package and the factory flip ups front and rear sights (two hundred extra). I plan to add either an ACOG or EOTech next year, I haven’t decided which yet. The plus package costs a hundred buck more but I think its worth the extra money. Please see the attached web links for more details

http://www.stagarms.com/product_info.php?cPath=13_...

http://www.stagarms.com/information.php?info_id=13

So that all having been said I was wondering what all of my fellow law abiding gun owners on here thought of Stag Arms, their Model 3 variant and the whole plus package deal. Any advice you all could provide me with would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

G2340

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Stag receivers can be really tight with Pmags...so I hope you like metal mags.

In my particular case not only will Pmags not drop free but it takes quite a bit of effort to get them out. I had this happen with a build i did with a Stag receiver and after doing a little research i found out this is a pretty common trait with Stag.

Not a huge deal but just something you should be aware of.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • murtha
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Stag Model 3

• 4 years ago

Stag Arms Model 3

• Mr.357
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

I don't know anything about Stag Arms. You don't really need a chrome lined barrel if you don't shoot corrosive ammo. Some people claim that the chrome lined barrel is less accurate than steel barrels. The 4150 steel barrels have a nasty habit of exploding if you get them red hot, let them cool down, and them shoot through them again. It should not be a problem with semi-auto. The 1:7 twist should not cost any extra. M4 feed ramps should be standard. $895 including the plus package would not be bad, but $995 for the plus package is somewhat expensive. If you want an accurate rifle, get one with a free float hand guard.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

While I have experience with the AR-15 platform rifle I have none with Stag Arms in particular. That being said. In my opinion It's worth the 100 extra for the chrome lined barrel and the 1:7 twist which will facilitate the stability of a heavier bullet if you intend to hunt with this weapon at a later date.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.