How to become a Nursery Nurse in the U.K?

So I've been to my mother's work, she works in a school and I loved working there, it was part of work experience.

and I'm in yr.10. I want to be a Nursery Nurse now lol.

How can I become a nursery nurse? Please help!

And how old do you have to be legally to get a job in a infants and nursery school?

what qualifications do I need?

And how old do you have to be to work in the u.k?

Favorite Answer

NVQ 3 is the qualification you're looking for.

Most jobs ask you to be 18, although, I'm sure you can get a job when you're sixteen, as my friend did it.

I'd say shop around at more careers before you settle on this one. :)

• Kit

there is a couple of ways to go about this first off you could go to college and get the relevant level 3 qualification as all nursery staff now have to have a minimum of a level 3 qualification or do an apprenticeship at a nursery earn while you learn and most places take on the apprenticeship student as they have been trained in the nurseries way. i think you can start at 16, if you want to do this i suggest that you do some voluntary work at a local nursery in the 6weeks holidays, that way you get an idea of if you will enjoy the work or not :)

Source(s): nursery nurse