How do I get into my locked computer without using a password reset disk? I am using Windows 7?

I changed my password on the account of my little brother. I purchased password recovery software but it has not been working. I want to know is there a way I can unlock my computer WITHOUT using a password reset disk. I am the only account so I cant go in through "Guest". What method can I use to get into my computer?

I changed it because he was getting into it then I forgot it. and I cant for the life of me remember it.

Every time I open my laptop in Safe Mode I never get the administrator account I just get my account which is "Basha B". No other account. So what do I do then?

Favorite Answer

If you have a bootable USB drive,some password tools can be burn to it and you can boot your computer from USB to run the software,so that you can recover/remove Windows system password from USB.

Such as Windows Password Recovery Tool 3.0,here I just list the simple steps:

Step 1: Download Windows Password Recovery Tool 3.0

Step 2: Burn bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive

Step 3: BIOS setting,set your locked computer to boot from CD/DVD or USB

Step 4: Reset Windows password by a few clicks

Good luck! Hope this helps you and save you time and the frustration!

Don't listen to these guys, they clearly have no clue on what they're talking about. I am a developer at Microsoft so I know a thing or two about computers. The only way to reset your windows password 100% safe is to use a software called Reset Password Pro.

The software allows you to create a boot-disk, that can be made on a CD/DVD or USB stick. The boot-disk can then be inserted into any locked machine, and it's a simple case of pressing reset. Here is their official site: http://www.resetwindowspass.com

1. Open your computer in safe mode.

2. You Would see an account named "Administrator", log into it, it has no password.

3. Run command prompt, or click start and search "cmd".

4. In command prompt, type

net user [locked account name] *

hit enter.

It would say,

enter password:

type the new password. (the new password won't show up on the screen, not even asterisks. But it would be there!!!)

hit enter.

It would ask

confirm password:

enter the same password again.

Hit enter. And it's done!!!

Now log into your locked account with the new password!

Remember, "[locked account name]" means the name of your account which is locked , i.e, my account name is hitman. Your's might be somethin else, and remove the square brackets also!!!

;-)

Source(s): Me! Catch me on facebook! Just search "Kunal VirusLord" and there would be just me!!! Website- 1. cosmic.zzl.org 2. Here4u.99k.org

If you have a bootable CD/USB drive,some password tools can be burn to it and you can boot your computer from USB to run the software,so that you can recover/remove Windows 7 password from USB.

Such as Daos Windows 7 Password Recovery Tool,here I just list the simple steps:

Step 1: Download Daos Windows 7 Password Recovery Tool/Windows Password Rescuer

Step 2: Run it to burn to bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive

Step 3: BIOS setting of your locked computer to boot form CD or USB

Step 4: Reset Windows 7 password on a friendly window after "Daos Windows 7 Password Recovery Tool" starts.You also can use Daos Windows 7 Password Recovery Tool to add a new user with administrator privilege to your Windows. With this New user account you can logon your locked computer directly.

Reset Your Windows Password - http://tinyurl.com/mUU4XOqXz0

• pete l

The whole point of passwords is to stop unauthorised people from accessing the PC and its data so you will have to re-install Windows.

the data on the disk can be accessed by a professional, all is not lost, however it would be irresponsible to post the method here, I'm afraid you are going to have to cough up the cash to get it sorted in a shop.

there is a free password changing disc called Ntpasswd it might work for resetting your password

if not try OPHcrack Linux live CD

Try safe mode,

may be it will activate your Administrator Account.

http://www.hirensbootcd.org/resetting-windows-pass...

Email me if you need further assistance or if you don't understand anything.