Is this inappropriate to wear a JROTC military ball?

My date and I are going to the military ball in two days, my dress is navy blue and goes two inches above my knee, not to mention we have been nominated to be King and Queen; I have never been to one of these before, but from what the other girls are saying I have gotten a bit (A LOT) nervous.

extras: I'm 5'0

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

JROTC is NOT the military. It is a bunch of high school kids who want to look cool in a uniform. You may wear a sequence jumpsuit for all I care

Source(s): US Army OIF veteran
  • 8 years ago

Well you might want to make it a way longer , that's a formal occasion so you might want to go with a ball gown that hits the floor and high heels ( any length ) maybe even 6 in if you can walk in them . If you do win and go on stage with a dress that short everyone will have to bow there head ( and not because your queen ) lol , so yea , don't be nervous , it's more formal then say homecoming where all the girls are wearing cute little short dresses .

Source(s): My brothers was crowned king and his date queen
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

And how prey-tell are you going to sit properly in a dress that is above your knees, everyone is going to see your underwear or hoochi. This is an inproper dress to wear with a bunch of immature teens boys around.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

get a longer dress- it might be a high school dance but ask yourself if you any photos were posted on line or in the year book- do you want folks to say- that you looked nice or you looked a tad skanky.

You are representing the other girls so don't make them look bad.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

It's 2 inches above the knee, not 5. Don't worry about it. You're fine. Stop worrying about proper protocol from other people. Of it wasn't on the invitation and your date matches your dress, then enjoy yourself and have a good time.

• 8 years ago

Usually military balls are supposed to be classy. If possible I would go with a longer dress, it is much more appropriate. That being said I have seen lots of women who dress real skanky at these balls, idk where guys find these women lol. Overall, your dress is probably not a big deal but I'd go with a long one if you have another.

Source(s): Fiancee of a Marine
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

The navy ball is great. we have one every year, id say thats a little short[i always wear long, simple dress] but it should be okay if youre a guest[i.e not in rotc] have fun!

• 8 years ago

It's High School....who cares!

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Just do it woman.

It isn't even a real ball LOL JROTC...

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Nobody gives a FCUK!

It's a High School dance!

Go naked for all WE care !!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.