Can someone explain these two quotes for me?

1) "America as a whole will benefit from public education. When more students are able to receive a high school education, the education level of America will rise, and jobs will be worked at by trained people. America’s economy will benefit by less people relying on the government because they cannot work or... show more 1) "America as a whole will benefit from public education. When more students are able to receive a high school education, the education level of America will rise, and jobs will be worked at by trained people. America’s economy will benefit by less people relying on the government because they cannot work or don’t make enough to make ends meet." --Caroline M. Hoxby

2) "Education markets work best when families pay directly for their own children’s education, and so the ideal education policy is one that makes it easier for parents to assume that financial responsibility themselves." --Andrew J. Coulson

I just have to explain them for a debate and i dont really know where to start... they are for opposite sides about funding public education.
1 answer 1