Quite an embarrassing question: Why do people think I'm gay?

For whatever reason, I always here how someone thinks I'm gay. My basic description:

I dress in jeans, a t-shirt, and a pair of Nike's everyday. Could it be the clothing factor?

I don't like pop music, like Kesha or Katy Perry. I like Alternative music (Phoenix, Coldplay, The Fray, etc). Could it be the music factor?

I have an even balance of male and female friends that I always hang out with. Is it that?

I get great grades, usually about a 3.8-4.0 GPA. Is it the academics?

I follow football, but I don't really play any sports. Could it be that?

I think about girls 24/7- especially... Let's not go into detail.

That's really it. I don't know what else really stands out. Plus, I'm only 14. This isn't college or even high school, really. I'm just a freshman.

More Details: I like to watch the Military channel, Spike, History Channel, Discovery, and Travel channels. Could it be the TV I watch? I don't walk in a feminine way. I don't talk in a feminine way, make feminine gestures, etc. So, what could it be?

Favorite Answer

If you really want to find out, then grow some balls and ask the people who think you're gay. You'll get your most accurate answer since we YA people cannot see you, your mannerisms, personality, behavior, etc., in person even if you provide the most informative description of yourself on here.

This is cute. First off u can never tell how others see u. Second, they are probably suspect because u have no other faults or ur a pretty boy. I don't think u should worry urself, the ones that are probably spreading these lies probably want to be or get with u... It comes with the territory. STOP BEING SO DAMN SEXY!

don't worry...deep down we're all gay. jk

just ignore them. if you're not gay, you're not gay;don't let anyone convince you otherwise.