Novel idea or screenplay idea, which is better?

the novel idea is the one about the journalism student who finds the conspiracy. but i found one of my old screenplay ideas from when three years ago when i was eleven, it's about teens spending their weekend at a campsite and a girl has a nightmare picturing all her friends being murdered. she wakes up... show more the novel idea is the one about the journalism student who finds the conspiracy. but i found one of my old screenplay ideas from when three years ago when i was eleven, it's about teens spending their weekend at a campsite and a girl has a nightmare picturing all her friends being murdered. she wakes up thinking it wasn't real and then a beast starts killing them. their cars are taken and their phones don't work, so they are stranded. the girl is afraid to tell about her dream because her friends are dying in the way she saw them and it turns out one of them is helping the beast. i realize it has been overdone a little, but i wrote like 30% of it and it isn't that stereotypical when i write it out. please share what you think is better, my action novel or my horror screenplay
2 answers 2