Can you make a 10 karat yellow gold ring, 14 karat yellow gold?

My great grandmother just passed away a few months ago. She was the woman who raised me with my great grandfather as my mother and grandmother were in an accident when I was younger and passed away. I want to be able to wear her wedding band on my right hand forever. However, I am very sensitive to it. From a... show more My great grandmother just passed away a few months ago. She was the woman who raised me with my great grandfather as my mother and grandmother were in an accident when I was younger and passed away. I want to be able to wear her wedding band on my right hand forever. However, I am very sensitive to it. From a jeweler, I found out that the ring is 10 k and that may be causing my sensitivity. Any way, it is possible to turn a 10 k yellow gold ring into a 14 k yellow gold ring without changing its appearance? Thank you.
1 answer 1