Why was Elmo's World put on Sesame Street to begin with?

Realize that this feature as we all know ruined Sesame Street. When Elmo's World first aired on Sesame Street in the Late-90s Early 2000s, what made The Children's Television Workshop decide to insert this stupid little red monster muppet with Kevin Clash's Elmo to make a little stupid movie out of it as part of the Classic Sesame Street that we all remember as the founder Clooney and the almighty Jim Henson the creator and founder of the Muppets that created all these great Muppets that were first used on "The Ed Sullivan Show, Saturday Night Live, MGM" and others, and what they could have shown without Elmo's World if it had never aired, we would've saw Classic Reruns that are nowadays shown on websites such as YouTube like Joe Raposo such as "The Warthog, The Bumble Bee, Flamingos, Ducks, Eagles, And Now the Octopus, Take A Breath, I believe in Little Things, Butterfly, It's a Gazelle, It's a Deer" also we would've also seen things like "Classic Muppets and Kids Moments Cookie Monster and Lexine," and "The African Alphabet," and believe-it-or-not, who even knows, if Elmo's World never showed on PBS Kids Sesame Street everyday, we would might have even saw Kermit the Frog all over again. This didn't happen until the late-90s. Now, basically, every Episode nowadays of Sesame Street, Elmo's World is at the end of each Episode with stupid Mr. Noodles and that sucks! "LaLaLaLa LaLaLaLa Elmo's World!" With a stupid Jingle Bells carol at the end about that stupid Muppet's lessons. What's going on? Whatever happened to all the Classics from the 1970s up until the mid-90s? What were they thinking? Why was Elmo's World put on Sesame Street to begin with?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Minnow
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Actually, Elmo's World is one of the biggest reasons we don't watch Sesame Street anymore. And because of parents like us, Elmo is being paired more and more with other monsters we like more (Grover, Cookie Monster, etc) which makes things more bearable. Put your money where your mouth is, write them and tell them that you feel like Sesame Street became Elmo's World and you don't like that, and make sure that when you buy Sesame Street products (if ever) it's another monster or character. There's a reason Cookie and Grover have been resurging in popularity.

• Jill P
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Nice rant.

Now, here's a free lesson on how a free market economy works.

Businesses (even public television stations) provide a product that people want to consume. Kids like Elmo, so they continue to produce Elmo. The beauty of a free market economy, though, is that you aren't forced to consume the product. So if you don't like Elmo, don't watch Elmo. If enough people stop watching Elmo, they'll stop producing Elmo. See how this works?

• Lesus
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Why are you still watching Sesame Street? It's a show aimed at pre-school children. They love Elmo and their parents buy Elmo toys.

• 7 years ago

Umm Ben. The 70s and 90s are over with. Times change and so do the characters and kids preference. The show is not aimed to you it's aimed to todays kids. But I can some what understand. There are certain segments I missed, such as "Teeny little Super Guy." But hey, my daughter loves it. It keeps her quiet. So I'm happy. Nothing is more annoying than Caillou.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

it sounds interesting

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.