Taylor 114ce VS Guild GAD-40CE Acoustic Guitar?

I currently have a Guild GAD-40CE but I am not sure whether to get a Taylor 114CE instead. Do you think I should get the taylor instead? If so why, does it sound better, feel, etc..?

I purchased my guild for $750 but My friend is selling his taylor for $500, I am going to sell my guild same price I bought it for and maybe get the taylor, plus I will get $250 in return. But will I be downgrading?

Thanks

Ok thanks you guys, and I bought my guitar used. I have not tried the Taylor yet, he just offered me that price, but it does seem a bit too high and it is a low model of the Taylor guitars.I think I am going to stick with my Guild. I love the bassy sound it has to it, only downfall i think in my opinion is that it is a bit heavy. But yea, thanks you guys.

Favorite Answer

I have owned my Guild D4NT for 15 years and absolutely love it. I added an LR Baggs pickup to it because it didn't come with electronics. It's very similar to the GAD-40CE though in terms of materials and craftsmanship. They're a very nice guitar with a solid spruce top and rosewood back and sides. I love the way mine plays and sounds even after 15 years. I would not personally trade it for a Taylor 114ce. I prefer the fuller tone of the dreadnought over the auditorium body of the Taylor 114. I also think the tone of my Guild surpasses the entry level Taylor. I would trade it for a 312ce if someone wanted to make an even swap though!

The bottom line though is that you'd have to spend some time playing the 114ce and decide for yourself whether you like it better than the Guild you already have. Both are nice enough guitars, so it comes down to your preference. I'm not sure you'll get $750 for your Guild either though. That seems a bit steep for a used one when I can go buy a brand new one for $800.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I purchased my guild for $750 but My friend is selling his taylor for $500, I am going to sell my guild same...

Source(s): taylor 114ce guild gad 40ce acoustic guitar: https://shortly.im/KKb9Q

I have a Guild guitar that I love, but I've liked the Taylors I've tried as well. I don't think it would be a downgrade to the Taylor -- more like a lateral move, so to speak.

Have you actually played your friend's Taylor? What do YOU think of the way it sounds and plays, compared to your Guild? The only reason to sell your Guild and get the Taylor would be because YOU like it better than the Guild. What we think shouldn't even enter into your thinking.

BTW, if you've had your Guild for any length of time and have played even semi-regularly, don't expect to sell it for what you paid for it. Its now a "used" instrument, and no saavy guitar buyer will buy it for full price when for the same money,they can get the same exact model, brand-spankin' new with zero wear and tear, and a full manufacturer's warrantee, at a music store. Expect to sell it for no more than half what you paid for it.

So if you paid $750, expect to get $375 for it, maybe $400 if you're lucky. OTOH, $500 for your friend's Taylor sounds a bit high, considering that the 114CE is is one of Taylor's lowest priced models. And probably cost him no more than $500 or $600 new.

Taylor 114ce Review