Anonymous

Can i get into SUNY Cortland/Albany/Oswego? Playing sports?

I'm a senior in high school and have a 2.5 gpa in school. I play Varsity Soccer for 3 years in High school, and 1 year of JV lacrosse and 1 year of Varsity lacrosse, and one year on a championship Indoor Track & Field team. I also volunteer at my local library, and do volunteer as maintenence and as a counselor at a week-long christian camp in Pennsylvania for 2 years. I will also be employed at the Thayer Hotel at the United States Military Academy at West Point, New York. My highest scores on my SAT thus far is 530 on Verbal, 570 writing, and 460 on Math. I'll be re-taking the test in March.

I've already been accepted to Mount Saint Mary College in Newburgh, NY and West Virginia University but i'm really trying to determine my chances getting into SUNY Albany, Cortland, and Oswego. I have contacted the coaches from both Oswego and Cortland and they have expressed interest in me to run track there. With my stats, plus being able to play sports, do i have a shot of getting into these schools?

Favorite Answer

No idea....sorry dear.... :( :(

i know for cortland they want somewhere btw a 3.0 and a 3.5, the sports can really help you. Also if you did good on your SATs then your in pretty good shape because the higher your SAT scores are the lower the GPA they will accept. Good Luck!

Source(s): Going to SUNY Cortland in the fall