Routing # or Ach RT#?

First time filing taxes to deposit into bank account. My issue is I do only online banking therefore no checks. I have my acct # from online and I called my bank and they gave me the ach # now I'm wondering if I can use the same routing # that's on my parents checks since I know they opened their accts at that same bank, or does it even matter?

I checked both #'s online and supposedly the ach is listed as from ATL, Ga and the routing as from FL, again does it matter and what should I go with?

Favorite Answer

Most of the time routing numbers go by the state. So for example everyone who opened an account in Ohio would have the same routing number. I work at chase and this is how it works for us. I cant speak for other banks though i would think it works the same.

• vetsch

Ach Rt

You should check with your bank for the routing number and this is the number you need to furnish to IRS so the refund can be deposited in your account. Yes, accuracy counts.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avtPn

The routing number for checks is going to be the ABA. Bank of America in some states has a different ACH #s (Automatic Clearing House) for direct deposits and automatic payments but will list that number automatically on the checks if it is different in small lettering just above the routing number. In some states the ACH# is the same as the ABA which will always be the first 9 numbers on the check. IF you go back to the Bank of America website, under the "learning center" tab, click on the ABA routing number choice and you can look up your state and find out if the numbers are different.

• Use the number that your bank gave you. Many banks have multiple routing and transit codes and if you use the code from your parents' account your refund will bounce.

ABA, are you in So Cal cause they use a different rounting # for ach.