Qusetion about movie 'Inception' (Leonardo DiCaprio) ?

Well,I watced the movie last night,but at the end is he still in dream or not ? If he is why ?

Update:

So if I choose he is not in dream it's ok we have nothing to discuss,but if he is ? Why he can be ?

Update 2:

@Raven Roth --- Why ?

Update 3:

@Godfly2500 ---- When did they said it ?

Update 4:

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Christopher Nolan, the director of Inception, said two things about the ending. One, that the whole film itself is not a dream. Two, that he himself doesn't know if Leonardo DiCaprio is dreaming in the end or if he's in the real world.

Inception is one of those movies where you have to use clues to figure it out for yourself, but in the end there's no right answer because someone will always disagree.

In my opinion, he's in the real world and not dreaming. Before it cuts to black, you can see the totem start to shake like it's going to fall. Leonardo DiCaprio also said that he could never see his children's faces while he was dreaming, but he was able to see them in the end. Also, Leonardo DiCaprio's character Cobb never seemed satisfied with the dream world, he's the one who tried to convince his wife to wake up too so they can escape to reality, so I don't think he'll simply decide to stay in the dream world in the end.

That's my belief though, the ending is solely left up to the viewer's perception.

• 9 years ago

Cobb is happy in the end. The main point of the top in the last scene is to show that he doesn't care if it keeps spinning or it falls. He's finally at peace.

• 9 years ago

It's like that story, "The Lady or the Tiger?" You basically get to choose the ending, and they say your choice can give you a little insight into your nature.

• 9 years ago

I believe that Christopher Nolan said that the ending is supposed to be open to interpretation.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

The whole movie is a "dream". He had fallen in to the void if you remember where they say about that earlier in the movie. So nothing is really happening, it is all in his mind.

• 9 years ago

Its supposed to be left to us to decide .

• Rocky
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

its for the viewer to decide

• dallas
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

its seting it up for the sequel

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.